Work in Progress...
Exclamation 
a short update on what's going on at the development side of things.

i'm currently working on some new designs for the movie and music info dialogues.
well, there not exactly dialogues anymore, since i've changed them to a fullscreen layout with fanart as a background image.

so most likely this will be gone in the next release:

and be replaced by something like this:

i hope everyone agrees this looks way better than the old design.

there's a few other things i would like to change in the next version and i'd like to hear your opinion on these:
- first, since there's now support for native media flagging in the 'stable' xbmc for xbox version, i'd like to drop support for the old skin based media flagging (the files currently in the deprecated folder).
- next, i want to remove the option to disable animations in the skin. there will probably be more and more animations in the skin and having to code a non-animated transition for everything too is quite...uhhh...irritating.
- i'd also like to remove the option to hide the tv show title in wide-banner view.
- finally, i wonder if anyone ever uses the option to hide 'media titles in background scanner'?

again, these are only proposals, so let me know what you think.

speaking of proposals, if you haven't seen it, francyboy came up with this idea and judging by the replies so far, i guess this should be added to the next release too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bqU8xLEt4
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I Like it!
me likey new dsignSmile
Looks good to me.
i like it much better. i'm also ok with all of the proposals.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Definitely like the two screen shots you posted there ronie. The video is also pretty sweet although I can see I probably wont be able to implement that since Im on a XBOX platform but very nice addition as well.
At some point that old flagging hack will have to go...

Animation coding...ultimately your call but I hate to lose a great coder because he has to keep doing tedious tasks that he doesn't enjoy...

I don't even know what 'media titles in background scanner' does...

I'm in the camp that likes that 'ken burns' media theater view
Wow, great job, your skin is the best, make sure it is updated to new svn please. Also you are having great competition from rapier skin, but still your is the best.

Suggestions:

Option so you have a blank gradient screen if you do not have a fanart instead of that red picture (idea from rapier)

add some more views fro tv shows, movies and pictures (you can take ideas from other skins) the more we have the nerrier)

option or view type with bigger font title names, sometimes too small to see from a distance (hate using glasses)

and how do you use the trailers, do i have to do them manually in the same folder?, can there be a browse trailers folder?

Again huge Thanks
and keep it up
hope a new version is out soon Smile
ronie Wrote:i hope everyone agrees this looks way better than the old design.

indeed,
looks quite amazing!!!

ronie Wrote:speaking of proposals, if you haven't seen it, francyboy came up with this idea and judging by the replies so far, i guess this should be added to the next release too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bqU8xLEt4

i like this concept however the image flip and ken burns effect in the video is way way too fast.
i hope speeds are adjustable or at least that it will be possible to disable it.
Video: Tv series Backdrop

I have some idea to improve the movie info dialog :

Studio and Mpaa rating are already in the flags ... and i think is no needed.
Plot outline is not useful if there is the plot
Path i think is also not needed.
And year can be placed in the title like in pictures

Cropping this fields you can gain more space for plot, movie poster and actor thumb.

Hi i go to my grandmother birthday ! (80 yr !!!) Big Grin
pang Wrote:Wow, great job, your skin is the best, make sure it is updated to new svn please.

current svn is not stable and if you use it, you'll have issues with several skins.
it's not the skinners who should be fixing things. things should be fixed by xbmc. ;-)

pang Wrote:Also you are having great competition from rapier skin, but still your is the best.

i don't believe in competition. we're all just skinners who're admiring each others work.
in fact many are helping each other out behind the scenes.

there's a lot of great thing in Rapier and one of them (using a focused slide animation for the buttons) ended up in the new info dialogs, posted above.
i was also quite charmed by the seamless page transitions used in Alaska, in fact that's what triggered me to redo the info dialogs.
if you browse your movies in fanart view and bring up the info dialog, you'll get a nice transition between the two because the dcd cover will stay in place.

so instead of competition, i see every new skin as a source of inspiration and to me all skins are equally great in their own way.

as for Rapier, it is my personal favourite skin at the moment, but that's likely to change when Xperience is released. :-)

pang Wrote:Suggestions:

Option so you have a blank gradient screen if you do not have a fanart instead of that red picture (idea from rapier)

interesting idea, i assume you're talking about all the default backgrounds provided with the skin? many of the new skin indeed use some kind of gradient background instead of pictures.
i'm not opposed to changing this if the majority feels it should be done.

creating such a gradient background is out of my league though, so i would depend on one of you providing one....then make several color variations of it for each section in xbmc.

pang Wrote:add some more views fro tv shows, movies and pictures (you can take ideas from other skins) the more we have the nerrier)

creating new view is something that certainly will be done, but it's something that takes time to get it done right. and besides that, there's a whole lot of other things that i would like to change too, so patience.... ;-)

pang Wrote:option or view type with bigger font title names, sometimes too small to see from a distance (hate using glasses)

there's already several bigger font available in Transparency!
Settings > Appearance > Look & feel > Fonts

pang Wrote:and how do you use the trailers, do i have to do them manually in the same folder?, can there be a browse trailers folder?

not really a skin related question, but yes you can add them manually to each movie folder or use one of the scrapers that supports fetching trailers.
a 'browse for trailers' option is something that's not implemented in xbmc, so nope there's no way to add it to the skin.

thanx for all your suggestions!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Vampirebat Wrote:i like this concept however the image flip and ken burns effect in the video is way way too fast.
i hope speeds are adjustable or at least that it will be possible to disable it.

i'll increase the crossfade time between the images, no problem (in fact i already changed it yesterday after posting those files) ;-)
decreasing the speed of the pan and zoom effect is more difficult, if you set the values any lower the animations aren't so fluently anymore and they intend to start to stutter a bit.
I think it looked gr8 the way you had it Ronnie; your judgement is pretty sound i'd say since the awesome job you did with the rest of the skin!
Very cool, especially the actor thumb layout
Looks great, I think the proposals sound fine too - I have no idea what the "show media titles in background scanner" option is either... I've enabled it, disabled it and still don't know what it does! The actor thumbs at the bottom look the business. Talking of actor thumbs does anyone have problems on xbox with actor thumbs? All of the media recently scanned in (for the past month at least) aren't showing any actor details - I've used lots of different builds in this time and am currently on xbox patched and using the imdb scraper. Great work ronie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work in Progress...0