Weird black borders during video playback
I finally have managed to get XBMC to work somewhat the way i want. But now another problem have emerged totally out of the blue.

Now when i try to watch my series i mkv format (720) the picture get compressed so i see black borders to the left and right of the screen.

Tried some movies in the same resolution and it isn't there. It worked flawlessly before and it just started now. I have tried the screen settings with the dragging fo the rectangle but it does nothing.

The XBMC UI and everything looks just like normal. It's just those movie files.

Tried to search but didn't really find anything. Hope you get what i mean.

EDIT: Now i tried the Zoom feature and i get really odd resolutions. I'm running on a full HD tv (which should be 1920x1080) but when i switch between the different zoom options i for one can't get 16:10 ar, only 16:9. And then with the odd video resolution of 1680x1034. Dunno if this info will help.
I have this issue to.

It happens on movies and videos which report a 16:9 aspect ratio, and have the black bars for letterbox format in the movie file itself. Movies which have had the letterbox bars removed from the video source, do not have the vertical left and right bars as you described.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Noone knows?

Found this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58119

Could that be it? I'm using Aeon Hitched tho, with the latest XBMC build.

Really want som help with this, now i play my movies outside of XBMC.
Did you read the reply to that thread?
I have the rapier skin. But, this issue crops up regardless of which skin I use.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird black borders during video playback0