Need help updating from 2.0.1
Hey, I've still got an XBOX. I've been trying to get it up-to-date so that I can use it with my laptops, beyondTV, and iPhone. If anyone can help me figure out what I need to do, it would be very appreciated. I'm running XBMC-2.0.1-FINAL-FAT-T3CH.rar is there a newer one?
Ah yeah i believe that one is about 3 years old you need to search XBMC nightly builds in google.
Thanks. I got a newer version. Now I've got a newb question. My menus now longer display a list of all sources. It wants me to "add a source". My last version had sources programmed into it. Is there an XML or something I can download to correct that?
outleradam Wrote:Thanks. I got a newer version. Now I've got a newb question. My menus now longer display a list of all sources. It wants me to "add a source". My last version had sources programmed into it. Is there an XML or something I can download to correct that?

Go into your userdata folder and find the source xml file and edited that or
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Adding_Media_Sources
is there a location which I can download one which already has everything in it? I have multiple locations on my network which come and go, so I would like to have all roots present and ready to click on. Is there a pre made file with all options ready, or is this something that everyone has to click on everything in order to get all the options?

Like I said before, my last version came with all the options already present. I just want to be able to remove the options that I want to remove, not set up everything from scratch.
outleradam Wrote:is there a location which I can download one which already has everything in it? I have multiple locations on my network which come and go, so I would like to have all roots present and ready to click on. Is there a pre made file with all options ready, or is this something that everyone has to click on everything in order to get all the options?

Like I said before, my last version came with all the options already present. I just want to be able to remove the options that I want to remove, not set up everything from scratch.

T3ch might include a source file with all options in it, but if not then i have no clue where you would get one except make it yourself.. it really isnt that hard at all..
yeah, it's just redundant and time consuming for something which, in my mind, should be standard.
The reason the file can't be "standardised" is because many users use their own unique file layouts. For example, anyone who accesses files off a local network share is likely going to want their own sources setup.

My source info would be useless to you, and yours useless to me. So we each use our own.

If you wish to keep your source configuration between updates, "UserData\sources.xml" is the file you want to preserve. Sometimes you will "need" to generate a fresh one after updating (due to changes in the way XBMC handles the file), though this is not a common event.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
well it seems that this version is a downgrade. All I had to do before is put my programs in "apps" "emulators" and "games", it would come up with icons for all of them. Now when I did this manually, the icons are messed up and stretched out.

Music would automatically come up with roots for all supported sources. I've added all the sources, however I do not have access to the music cast program which I used to have.

Gah.. I just wish there was a P&P script or a good build.

Is there a better build then the new T3ch nightly, or Stable builds? My 4 year old T3ch was better then this new one.
1. You probably just need to switch the view in the skin you are using to make the icons look correct.

2. If you don't want to take the time to personalize it for yourself you can always revert back to the older backed up version you were using...
Your version is so old you probably should not have "updated" in the first place.
I would have recommended to install it in new location and switch to it once you are satisfied with how it operates.

but since the damage is done, your old sources are either in "bookmarks.xml" (which *should* btw be picked up by modern versions) or *shudder* "xboxmediacenter.xml" which is so old I have no recollection on how sources were handled back then, but you should be able to migrate them to a modern "sources.xml" by hand.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, all issues are resolved. Now I've just got to remember to back up my sources.xml so that this dosn't happen again. And now that I'm finished, it's time to upgrade again LOL.. like 10 versions have come out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help updating from 2.0.10