[PATCH] Disable System Screen Saver (for Windows)
Thumbs Up 
This patch will disable the window system screensaver when xbmc is running and enable it back again when xbmc quits.

I would love to see this patch expanded for linux and OSX.

[Patch]
http://xbmc.pastebin.com/m1fba82b1

[Trac]
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7234
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
patches on trac, not some will-time-out-in-no-time-pastebin entry.
spiff Wrote:patches on trac, not some will-time-out-in-no-time-pastebin entry.

As Always with all my patches, I perfer to have some comments before I create a trac.

http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/7234
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
The want for discussion of your patches is understood, but that is exactly what trac is for. You should submit there, and you'll get quality feedback from the devs about it. If it's absolutely terrible, you'll get a 'thanks anyway' and ticket closed, no worse.

We prefer that you do it this way so that we don't have to monitor the forums for good code. There's a much higher signal-to-noise over there...

TheUni
I also noticed this problem.

posted this here with the dx experience topic
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
this patch unecessary. xbmc already disable system screensaver under win32 after r19331. i think you can try r23268.
taxigps Wrote:this patch unecessary. xbmc already disable system screensaver under win32 after r19331. i think you can try r23268.

well, as I already said, I am running XBMCSetup-Rev23196-dx.exe

And still the screensaver from windows 7 kicks in!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
jochenz Wrote:well, as I already said, I am running XBMCSetup-Rev23196-dx.exe

And still the screensaver from windows 7 kicks in!

does this mean that the screensaver problem is solved?

Quote:09/30/2009: Today
14:51 Changeset [23274] by arnova
[XBOX] fixed: Network wouldn't recover in some cases at startup (hopefully …
14:25 Changeset [23273] by vdrfan
changed: simplified on resume scan (thanks cptspiff)
14:18 Changeset [23272] by vdrfan
changed: perform startup scans after logging in if we're using the login …
13:29 Changeset [23271] by AlTheKiller
fixed: Less stupidity digging for libcurl.so. (since you're configuring …
13:28 Changeset [23270] by AlTheKiller
fixed: Use sse/altivec in libsquish (thx for the prod spiff)
11:50 Changeset [23269] by vdrfan
fixed: Ticket #7242 - Music scrapers use default settings rather than …
11:13 Changeset [23268] by taxigps
Updated: let display always on when xbmc running
08:55 Changeset [23267] by yuvalt
support proper kerning of fonts
04:22 Changeset [23266] by lcapriotti
I wish grub2 docs would be more exaustive these days…

jochenz Wrote:does this mean that the screensaver problem is solved?

Please test r23268 of whether the problem solved under win7.
taxigps Wrote:Please test r23268 of whether the problem solved under win7.

I watched a movie of 35 minutes and no screensaver kicked in. I updated my system to Ikons build XBMCSetup-Rev23196-dx.

My windows screensaver is set to 3 minutes and I had no more problems.

thanks guys! you kick ass!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Disable System Screen Saver (for Windows)0