• 8(current)
Port XBMC for Linux to run on the ASUS O!Play (O'Play / OPlay) media player hardware?
mrme Wrote:Working with info on this and another site figured out how to run sabnzbd on o!play. First install optware as instructed before then;

INSTAL SABNZBD

--------------------------
ipkg install py25-sabnzbd (wait for prompt to return)

ipkg install par2cmdline

ipkg install unrar

ipkg install unzip

cd /opt/etc

CONFIG SABNZBD

vi SABnzbd.ini

change host = "" in host = "ipadres"

cd /opt

/opt/etc/init.d/S70sabnzbd

Thanks for the info. Isn't it slow to access the web and download nzb ? I would recommend using nzbget ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
hijack204 Wrote:Another firmware release out.

Appears to be mostly bug fixes

tp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/Digital_Media_Player/Firmware/HDP_R1_FW_113NTSC.zip

Anyone tested this yet? I've just installed 1.11 and optware, don't much fancy doing it all over again...
Koenradus Wrote:Anyone tested this yet? I've just installed 1.11 and optware, don't much fancy doing it all over again...

I have it running.

Only thing I noticed was quicker directory navigation
I installed 1.13P, and all I got was 0% free disk space in /dev/root so now I can't install a thing. I have noticed a folder /tmp_orig that I think wasn´t there before. Anyway, is there anything I can try to free some space? I think I'm going to try reflashing 1.11 again...
Try writing over some of the fonts you don't use, like I posted before.
Thanks Koenradus, that worked!

I just don´t get it. I reflashed 1.13P and free disk space is 0%, Asus people is crazy or what? I had to overwrite the fonts again, and now I have 22% of free space. By the way, the only fonts different from arial that I have are WenQuanYiZH.ttf and RUS.ttf

Now I have ipkg properly installed and also rtorrent thanks to you guys! After reflashing /opt is gone, but I guess mount /dev/discs/disc0/part5 /opt will do the trick hehe, I´ll try later.

One last question, is there any startup script that I can edit to add the mounts / rtorrent etc?
chevi Wrote:One last question, is there any startup script that I can edit to add the mounts / rtorrent etc?

For addig network mounts, I suggest to create a small script, something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

sleep 20

mkdir -p /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies
mkdir -p /tmp/ramfs/volumes/TVShows

mount -t cifs -o username=your_account,password=your_passwordmdavario,iocharset=utf8 //ip_address_of_your_server/movielibrary /tmp/ramfs/volumes/Movies
mount -t cifs -o username=your_account,password=your_passwordmdavario,iocharset=utf8 //ip_address_of_your_server/tvrecordings /tmp/ramfs/volumes/TVShows

Put this in /usr/local/etc, call it for example "mountshares", and call it from /usr/local/etc/dvdplayer/script/run_tail, like this:

[ -x /usr/local/etc/mountshares ] && /usr/local/etc/mountshares&

Note 1: In 1.13 firmware the dvdplayer folder has been moved to /etc/dvdplayer, so run_tail's path is /etc/dvdplayer/script/run_tail (it became read-only).
Note 2: Calling from /usr/local/etc/rcS may work too. It is the dvdplayer application that configures the network address, so this scipt should run after that. By addig "&" to the end (running in the background) and giving it a 20 sec time, I think it will just work as well as from the run_tail script.

p.s.:
You might take a look at this site. The guy who is maintaining it is an embedded linux pro, and dedicates his site to explore, modify, enhance to these little linux boxes, being the O!Play the very first. There are already a few useful infos there like his "firmware tour". I'm currently working on to find a way to revive bricked devices, and I'll soon post my findings there.
Koenradus Wrote:Anyone tested this yet? I've just installed 1.11 and optware, don't much fancy doing it all over again...

Stay away from 13 it was working fine for a while now my videos are all showing up as invalid files.

Have to flash back using a modified image.
Kernel source of o!play??

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/asus/Digital_M...el_GPL.zip

I saw on asus forums:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=2...uage=en-us
/opt/tmp # ipkg-cl install uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13_mipsel.ipk
ipkg: invalid magic

help!
Hi,

I've "motion" package installed and would like to get it working with a USB webcam. Anyone tried webcam on O!Play and got it working? Any pointer on how to install additional driver on O!Play? So far, only USB thumb drives are recognized upon plug-in.

Kevin
hi,

upnp streaming from xbmc does not work for me, firmware is 1.11p. oplay shows the libary but it always says "invalid file". streaming from other upnp server (tversity) is working. xbmc version is 9.11 Beta 1.

any comments ?

regards
dd
Possibly same problem with the 360 not playing files from XBMC..looking into it
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

my English is Google Smile

please help!
Telnet is not available
Console available
which you can enter the command to recover your player?
Now access to the player is only possible through serial console
Here http://depositfiles.com/files/fnq3i99ka list of available
serial console commands
I hope you'll help me restore the firmware via serial console
Hi guys.

Has anyone had problems streaming UPnP with O!play?

Everything works well in my ASUS, except for the UPnP feature, that always hangs with a "buffering" sign after a few seconds of video. The weird thing is the preview image runs the entire video smoothly.

Already tried it with another ASUS from a friend of mine, and same thing happened...

My X360 is consuming the UPnP well, so it's not likely that my UPnP server is responsible for the hangup.

What are your experiences? Are you having problems with UPnP as well with firmware 1.17?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Port XBMC for Linux to run on the ASUS O!Play (O'Play / OPlay) media player hardware?2