Screen signal dissapearing during playback
I'm currently having some issues with the latest version of XBMC (it all went pretty unstable about a week ago)

During playback, after a bit of time the picture signal dissappears as if in some sort of screensaver mode. It's not going black as my projector loses a signal. This was fine a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas? Thanks.

(I'm on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM and XBMC SVN REv 23120.
There have been major reworkings going on the main XBMC branch. If something was working for you a few weeks ago, then that is most likely the version you want to stick with till things settle down from the code merge. View the news posts for XBMC for more information on it.

Now, if you want to test out the new versions and post issues/debug logs and the like, then by all means have it Smile

FYI: The last SVN before the merge is I believe 22516.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I can confirm am getting this too with the dx build and same svn.
joshuass Wrote:There have been major reworkings going on the main XBMC branch. If something was working for you a few weeks ago, then that is most likely the version you want to stick with till things settle down from the code merge. View the news posts for XBMC for more information on it.

Now, if you want to test out the new versions and post issues/debug logs and the like, then by all means have it Smile

FYI: The last SVN before the merge is I believe 22516.

Thanks yes that was it. I went back to 22516 and those problems went away. I'm still finding that SVN no quite a bit more unstable than I used to unfortunately.
try changing your screensaver time out, or monitor power settings.. the new svn dx builds seem to be unable to circumvent the screensaver or pre-defined settings in windows.. had mine set to 20mins and was pulling my hair out as the error logs weren't telling me of any errors.. just lost audio & video as i'm using hdmi cable when the screensaver blanked the lcd
download latest SVN (see my sig) and everything will be fine. It is fixed now!

see this topic
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen signal dissapearing during playback0