Moving from MyMovies to XBMC [Windows] remote question
Hi all,

I had been using MyMovies v2 which was pretty good, but wanted something more bullet-proof, with better esthetics... seems like XBMC does the trick!

My question is:
--what is it about XBMC that a Windows Remote that works out of the box with MyMovies does not work with XBMC?? (coding?)

I've read a bunch of articles in the forums and none seem to state 'what' is the reason, just attempts at a 'fix'... other than one post about not including all remotes to keep the program 'snappy'..?

Just me being inquisitive!:confused2:Smile

Thanks,

CaptainCanuck
You may just need a program like EventGhost to map the different controls.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
Hi natew,

Thanks for the speedy response! Smile

Yep, I understand that EventGhost and/or IR Server Suite are the 'fixes'? I was just wondering what was the reason for it being able to work in MyMovies out-of-the-box but not in XBMC?

I have OrigenAE x11 and S16V cases that come with the remotes (rebranded Philips) that work out of the box with MyMovies and not with XBMC, just looking to see what is the difference in the programs that cause this.

Thanks,

CaptainCanuck
I guess I need to clear up what I am asking:

... like "zag2me" said in April of this year, "Is there any reason why the windows version of XBMC can't have support for the MCE remote natively?"... like MyMovies does...

Trying to understand what is behind this difference and why. Obviously I am not a programmer! Smile

Thanks,

CaptainCanuck
~bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from MyMovies to XBMC [Windows] remote question0