[MAC] SVN build error
Ok, first off, I'm aware of the 24hr grace period and the rather touchy subject of asking about build errors with the SVN. Wink However I've been trying to compile various SVN builds for about the past week now (currently 23265) all with the same error, so I figured it was time to ask. I've installed all the dependencies with MacPorts, and the "make xcode_depends" had no complaints either. Everything actually compiles fine, but during the linking stage, I get this:

Undefined symbols:
"CVideoDatabase::GetMovieInfo(CStdStr<char> const&, CVideoInfoTag&, long)", referenced from:
CXbmcHttp::xbmcGetMovieDetails(int, CStdStr<char>*)in libGoAhead-x86-osx.a(XBMChttp.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem in the past. I'm using Xcode 3.1.3 on OSX 10.5.8. I'm currently attempting to build "10.4 | Release | XBMC", though I've tried Debug builds as well, with the same result.

Thanks in advance!
When was the last time you cleaned? The symbol isn't there as the long was changed to an int.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:When was the last time you cleaned? The symbol isn't there as the long was changed to an int.

I do "Clean All Targets" in xcode everytime I update my local SVN copy. Is there another step I'm missing?

edit: D'ohh.. it just occurred to me to do a "make clean && make xcode_depends" from the terminal, and it looks like that solved my problem. Is it generally required to do that after every SVN checkout? I had (apparently mistakenly) assumed that xcode's "Clean All" would suffice.
clean all only cleans what's in the xcode project.

You need only do the make clean/xcode_depends if you have problems.

Often only the latter is needed, but if in doubt, a clean is also warranted.

If something in the configure scripts has changed, then a bootstrap and configure will also be needed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] SVN build error0