Type to navigate / jump to selections in library ?
Information 
Is there a mod, script, keymapping, or something that I just dont have enabled to type on my HTPC keyboard to navigate to a selection? I've searched, but I'm not finding much.

My library is HUGE and it would be so much smoother if I could type to get to an item.

Example type:"tran" and it would navigate as I type to t...tr...tra...tran and in video mode you would be staring at Transformers or Trains(example if transformers didnt exist). I just want your basic windows functionality that happens if you type in a folder with a bunch of files.

The example above is for movies, but I'm talking about almost anywhere (albums list, artist list, picture browsing, etc.)

Thanks for any help!
hold down shift and type away.
spiff Wrote:hold down shift and type away.

sorry for being dense but, hold down shift where? i tried and it doesn't work
Hold down the shift when the focus is in the titles area and make sure you have sort by name. There is also a search option like that in the non library mode with a difference that it's not incremental. if you would hit the 'r' in your search you would go to titles starting with an 'r'.

I'd prefer this searching like in the library also be the same as in the non library section thus being incremental.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Type to navigate / jump to selections in library ?0