media stream without backgorunds ??
Question 
Hello Im new in XBMC I just downloaded mediastreamredux to my computer but i have a question.. in the samples in over the internet when you ar switching in the main menu the background changes between option (music,videos.... weather) but mine came without the backgrounds I seached the skin folders i I found a folder called backgrounds which contains all the backgrouns for the skin but my xbmc doesn load them... am I missing something??

PS. this doesn happend with the default PM3:confused2::confused2::confused2:
your xbmc is too old and doesn't have the new stuff needed for the skin upgrade it
The one I have installed is
XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 compiled may 25 2009
minimum for the current version (0.9.5) is revision 21752 you have 20654

I recommend revision 22528 before directx stuff got added and broke lots
Jezz_X Wrote:minimum for the current version (0.9.5) is revision 21752 you have 20654

Hi Jezz_X
I found the same problem with my linux version of XBMC, and (newser) I don't know how to ugrade XBMC.

Can you help me?
TNX
Big Grin
what distribution are you using. I solved just like jezz_X said. updating the xbmc. I tried compiling the source in ubuntu nut had an error that i couldn't solve so I got a PPA with the lastest builds available for ubuntu I post it as soon as Get home. right now I'm at work. you can try looking for it. Ill post it anyway Wink
j0an Wrote:what distribution are you using. I solved just like jezz_X said. updating the xbmc. I tried compiling the source in ubuntu nut had an error that i couldn't solve so I got a PPA with the lastest builds available for ubuntu I post it as soon as Get home. right now I'm at work. you can try looking for it. Ill post it anyway Wink

I use now a Minimal Ubuntu 9.04

Thanks, for your time ... My english isn't very good, especially reading and writing Wink

Thanks again ...
Up Sad
Big Grin 
Sorry for the delay men... to be honest I almost forgot. Confused

in terminal type
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

and add the following.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

save it and close the text editor
after that in the same terminal paste the text bellow.
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 0xa292248fcb9cfb8689a30b7a2bbd133164234534

this will download the keys for the ppa.
after it finish. type

sudo apt-get update

and now you will have the latest builds available in your repository.
use synaptic or apt-get install -xbmc to install.. I think ubuntu will ask for the update if you already have xbmc installed.Wink

I hope this helps. and again sorry for the delay I've being through a lot of work lately Big Grin
j0an Wrote:Sorry for the delay men... to be honest I almost forgot. Confused

in terminal type
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

and add the following.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

save it and close the text editor
after that in the same terminal paste the text bellow.
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 0xa292248fcb9cfb8689a30b7a2bbd133164234534

this will download the keys for the ppa.
after it finish. type

sudo apt-get update

and now you will have the latest builds available in your repository.
use synaptic or apt-get install -xbmc to install.. I think ubuntu will ask for the update if you already have xbmc installed.Wink

I hope this helps. and again sorry for the delay I've being through a lot of work lately Big Grin

oh yeah!!!! great!! ... now everything works fine!! Big Grin --- tnx a lot!!!

Don't mind about the delay Wink
Jezz_X Wrote:minimum for the current version (0.9.5) is revision 21752 you have 20654

In 22528 is the latest one before the merge, but the mp3 playing is broken in this particular svn. 22516 should be fine.
ehm ... now all the skins works perfectly ... but the xbmc is very unstable!! Sad Sad Sad ... often reset itself ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
media stream without backgorunds ??0