Video card to connect Component projector?
Anyone know of a video card that works with XBMC that supports Component video out? Putting together a list for a small HTPC build from Newegg, I plan to run either XBMC Live or XP.

Nvidia says: "Component Out Y Pr Pb supported on graphics boards with Conexant 875 or Philips 7108 TV encoders and compatible connectors". Any body know of a card that I can buy? Searches don't turn up useful info, just dead ends

ATI says::
Radeon 9800 9700, 9600, 9500, 8500 Series
All-in-Wonder 9800, 9700, 9600, 8500, 8500DV
These cards can use an ATI Component Adapter, how do they work with XBMC?

I have a older Sanyo PLZ-V1 projector with Component and VGA inputs. It supports 720p and 1080i (not 1080p) via Component, widescreen 16:9, this is how I want to use it. The VGA modes it supports are all 4:3 which is really bad for watching a widescreen movie using this projector, the image is letter boxed twice!

I don't want to buy a new projector but that sure would make it easier
Thanks
Mike
Why not get an Nvidia w/hdmi and just use a hdmi > component cable?
-stoli-
Thanks for the reply

HDMI and DVI are digital signals, Component is analog, so a cable will not work. I would need a converter box which might be an option of last resort option but I'd rather keep it clean

stoli Wrote:Why not get an Nvidia w/hdmi and just use a hdmi > component cable?
If you have VGA output all you need is a cable such as this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2

I use a little dongle from my PC to my receiver (for component switching) then to my projector... picture quality is stunning.
Interesting idea. I hadn't though of using VGA out of the PC to Component, I assumed I needed Component out from the video card. Changes my whole HTPC build if I can go with onboard video, sweet!

What resolution is the VGA port set to?
What does sgnal does the projector recieve, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p?
Any other tricks?

Thanks
Mike S

bimmer Wrote:If you have VGA output all you need is a cable such as this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2

I use a little dongle from my PC to my receiver (for component switching) then to my projector... picture quality is stunning.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video card to connect Component projector?0