Strange video speed until pause pressed for the first time
Weavus Wrote:Yes, sound plays but is sped up like the video. It's really strange. The most confusing thing is why a pause/play combo can fix it and also why it does not do the speed up 100% of the time (especially the first play).

Does the pitch of the audio change?

I think the problem lies somewhere in the audio section.
Might be related to 5.1 audio, it only happens to me on hd content with 5.1 audio.
Here is a new debug log that shows the first time a video is played its at the correct speed (24fps) and the second time its played it plays too fast (44ish fps - its a 1080p video so maybe thats the quickest my hardware can cope with). The effect is like watching it in fast forward but with sound.

http://pastebin.com/m127b67d2

1st play attempt: 21:48:18
2nd play attempt: 21:49:02

Hopefully it will be of some help in tracking down this bug. Let me know if you need anything further or want me to try any different settings.

If someone has a avi sample with 5.1 sound I'd be happy to test that (all my problems are with mkv's but that could be because only my mkv's have 5.1 channel sound).

Thanks
bobo1on1 Wrote:Does the pitch of the audio change?

I think the problem lies somewhere in the audio section.
It just sounds fast but is slightly distorted as its going 1.8 - 2.0 times as fast as it should rather than a constant speed.
Weavus Wrote:It just sounds fast but is slightly distorted as its going 1.8 - 2.0 times as fast as it should rather than a constant speed.

how do you have audio setup ?
davilla Wrote:how do you have audio setup ?
Digital Output -> SPDIF -> Denon AMP

In Audio Settings
Digital Output selected
AC3 & DTS Capable receiver selected

In Video Playback Settings
Sync playback to display
A/V sync method -> Video Clock (Resample)
Resample 5%
Quality -> Medium

However I've tried with and without Sync playback to display selected / and the different modes of A/V sync and it does the same thing.

BUT if I deselect AC3 & DTS Capable receiver in audio settings I don't get the problem (along with no 5.1 channel sound, only stereo of course).

Do you have a AC3/DTS capable receiver?
Weavus Wrote:Do you have a AC3/DTS capable receiver?

No but I can fake it.
Any update on this issue Davilla?
I have this problem as well, have for quite some time, but it's sporadic and something I can deal with. I'm fairly used to hitting space-bar once I hit play. This is absolutely related to digital audio being enabled, if I turn it off--it's unreproducible.

please let me know if there's anything I can provide to help. I'm not positive on the build I'm on, i tried to move to 23807 but it was crashing on opening anything so I went back to 23493. I can get numbers when I'm at home. This is one of those nuisance bugs that I'd definitely like to help rid the community of Smile

I have two mac minis where I can reproduce this--one is one of the newer ones (not from today's releases). I can also reproduce it if its off attached storage, or over the network. Audio is setup SPDIF out, if its analogue (as stated earlier) its not reproducible.
Hopefully fixed in r24498.
Fantastic news! Thanks very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange video speed until pause pressed for the first time0