Mod this skin, please???
Information 
Hello.

I use XBMC on XBOX for guests to access our movie library. Guests that are not familiar with XBMC. (The more intuitive, the better)

I am currently using this skin on XBOX's connected to 20" and 32" SDTV screens. The fonts I assume were designed for viewing on a laptop. However, I like that the home screen fonts are large, among other features. I have read that this might not be the best skin for xbox, but would like to try to make it work.

The skin would need some tweaking. Is there anyone that could help me out? I don't think that I have the skill to make the changes I would like.

I would want to lighten up the skin in an effort to keep things simple. The simpler the less there is to give me a problem, right? I only use the XBMC to watch movies. The weather is kind of cool, but I am only interested in movies. -- (I have a lot of scripts and add-ons but I have been unable to get any of them to work. Either way, I don't need them. Hulu would be cool, but I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.)

I currently have the coverflow mode on, and disabled the submenu so it can't be changed. I also have everything else disabled and locked with masterlock. Its ok for now, but I know someone is going to mess it up. There is always that guy that has to push every button - twice (you know who you are).

What I would like:
I would want to have the coverflow mode load when the skin/xbmc loads when no DVD is in the drive. When a DVD is in the drive, autoplay like a normal dvd player. {The will have access to a Harmony remotes (old 550, I think) and the original MS XBOX remote} I would like to have perhaps a button or hotkey to sort all movies either A-Z or Year. The easier to access, understand, the better. Fonts would need to be changed or optimized for SDTV viewing. Movie descriptions would be cool, but you currently can't read the text. Think scrolling text sizes on the bottom of the sports shows, news, etc. In order to access the home screen, they should be able to go 'back' or 'menu'. On the home screen should be only: on/off, movies, and weather; nothing else like settings or videos. If that can't be done, then I don't want them to be able to go to the home screen without either a password or something similar. That is pretty much it. I know it is a lot.

What do you think?
I would say at best you might want to offer to pay someone. I can almost bet that no one is going to do all/any of these adjustments for fun. They are too specific for your wants and it's doubtful anyone else will use them.

You also might want to try JezzX's redux version of the skin and/or the mod of it. Not to your extent but they have more adjustments than the regular version of Mediastream.
That's what I think.
Ok. Thanks for the tips, Slave.

I would be willing to pay. Either an individual or a donation to the XBMC community, or combination. I don't know how much we would be talking here... but I would be willing to talk.

~Sean

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mod this skin, please???0