NEW! TTF-font Subtitles Support Announcement
works for me...
(daywalker @ sep. 17 2004,16:18 Wrote:just tested it, very goodlooking subs now; sharp and very smooth.
although when there's a scene in a movie where the background changes to white or another light color... they're hardly readable on my tv (they blend in and can't hardly be read)... is there something that can be added in the settings that can improve this? like adding a small black border around the fonts; and not making them look ugly. that's the only downside i can find, what can't be said about mplayer subs. kudos  :kickass:
i just committed to cvs a small change that will add a (semi) outline to the text. it should improve clarity.

-yuval
i have tested 09-17-04 cvs build.
the ttf fonts for subtitle works,but i found a minor problem of it,when subtitle is displayed,the subtitle between next coming subtitle  has 1sec delay to display next subtitle. does anyone notice it?

also, the whole xbmc gui will becoming lag/delay when i enabled ttf fonts for gui,but it does not have any problems using english language , latin1 charset it runs smooth.

anyway, thanks yuvalt for the hard work :bowdown:
(danny @ sep. 18 2004,14:12 Wrote:i have tested 09-17-04 cvs build.
the ttf fonts for subtitle works,but i found a minor problem of it,when subtitle is displayed,the subtitle between next coming subtitle  has 1sec delay to display next subtitle. does anyone notice it?

also, the whole xbmc gui will becoming lag/delay when i enabled ttf fonts for gui,but it does not have any problems using english language , latin1 charset it runs smooth.

anyway, thanks yuvalt for the hard work :bowdown:
mine works perfect. are you sure it has nothing to do with the sub itself?

anyway, i've just tested the new mplayer.dll compiled from mplayer cvs source tree, and it seems that the problem i mentioned earlier (double-overlapping sub display on ogm/mkv) has been fixed. props to yuvalt :joker:. the new thin outline on ttf subs works near-perfect, now the subs seem easier to read although it might be a lot easier if a black outline was used instead of white. or maybe we can include that as an option?
well, yuval thank you very much... the subs are now clear enough on my tv, now they really are perfect :thumbsup: .
cool! it's 9-17 cvs build work fine for chinese charset.

but 9-17 cvs build not stable , when i use chinese charset , crash and crash , so i back to use 9-13 cvs build.
please explain about the crashes... what do you do, when does it happen and how.

-yuval
(yuvalt @ sep. 18 2004,16:40 Wrote:please explain about the crashes... what do you do, when does it happen and how.

-yuval
my video-> after list dir movie files, xbmc carsh
i don't really understand. please explain in details the steps that you are doing and your configuration to crash the box.

-yuval
0917 cvs xbmc,
in my xbox , list the 7 movies files with chinese file name or more
the list will delay...
but 0913 cvs xbmc is very well...
(yuvalt @ sep. 18 2004,17:41 Wrote:i don't really understand. please explain in details the steps that you are doing and your configuration to crash the box.

-yuval
my system: xbox 1.0 , 160gb hdd , evox m8 bios use evtools modify to add igr and lba48 support

9-17 cvs build
xbmc language : english
skin font: arialuni.ttf or simhei.ttf or simyou.ttf
charset: chinese simplified

system crash easy when list dir include chinese charset name files

but if change charset to english (west erou windows/iso)
system will not crash

9-13 cvs build
all ok , stable
can you please send me a file or two with chinese characters?
what protocol are you using to access the files?

thanks,

-yuval
(caze @ sep. 19 2004,14:24 Wrote:0917 cvs xbmc,
the list will delay...
i have this problem as well.
(caze @ sep. 19 2004,07:24 Wrote:0917 cvs xbmc,load dr. hann-tzong wang wt011.ttf
the list will delay...
load windows kaiu.ttf (4.93mb)
in xbmc cvs 0917
list chinese charset filename become better ....
i have the same problem... i used the arial based unicode font from windows and the xbox lag everytime there is a lot of chinese characters on the screen (traditional or simplified)

i can hear the xbox hard disk thrashing when there are lots of files listed on the screen.

i switched to a tsc unicode font (check alan wood's excellent page on the subject)... the file is smaller, and the lag is noticeably less.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEW! TTF-font Subtitles Support Announcement0