Acer Revo Build Questions.
Having seen the quality of the XBMC system I'm planning on building a system based around the Acer Revo, but have a couple of questions.

As Windows has such a large CPU overhead I'm planning on installed either the Live or Linux versions of XBMC, using a 30GB solid state disk. Does the Live & Linux versions support the Microsoft MCE remote control, I already own one and would like to re use it.

Will this configuration perform OK, I'm planning on connecting to my TV using just HDMI connection, and will stream HD content directly from my NAS using wired 100Mb network connection. I've built a very basic system and I'm able to stream the HD content across my Wifi network and it was just OK so wired will be perfect.

I'm really just trying to ensure I've not missed the obvious.

Thanks
your plan sounds perfect Wink yes we support the mce remote out of the box on live.
Just out of curiosity...is there any particular reason why you are going to go through the trouble of swapping out the stock hard drive with an SSD?
Scott R Wrote:Just out of curiosity...is there any particular reason why you are going to go through the trouble of swapping out the stock hard drive with an SSD?

Totally silent drives are a wonderful thing for HTPC, as is lower power consumption and depending on the drive... speed!

On the downside they have a finite number of writes AND reads. Usually good for 10 years though! (usually)
My reason for changing the HD was due to noise & heat, but to do with the fact I have a spare 30gb SSD.

I have now found photos detailing how to remove the HD and it doesn't seem to be worth the effort.
I've heard that the AspireRevo was already very quiet. Can anyone here comment on how quiet/loud the stock configuration is?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo Build Questions.0