TV Shows Scraper
Hi There,

I have a bunch of TV Shows (Planet Earth) that I would like to import into XBMC. Each TV show is a collection of .vob file in a TS_VIDEO folder. I have read the wiki on folder structure and filename ... but there is no mention of how to approach the import the show if it's a collection of vob files.

My structure:

TV Shows
|---> Planet Earth
|---> Season 1
|----->Episode 1
|----->From Pole to Pole.01.01 (TS_VIDEO)

I have set the content to "TV Shows"

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this to work?

Thanks.
see <tvshowmatching> in advancedsettings.xml wiki
spiff Wrote:see <tvshowmatching> in advancedsettings.xml wiki

Hi Spiff,

Thanks ... but I've read both:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows and
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...atching.3E

But both refer to filenames ... my files are VTS_01_0.VOB etc... I guess what I need to do is "Stack Duplicate TV Shows"?

Your advice is appreciated.
your are fed the entire path, not just the filenames. you need to do expressions that grabs season/ep from those directories of yours.
spiff Wrote:your are fed the entire path, not just the filenames. you need to do expressions that grabs season/ep from those directories of yours.

Ah... got it. But wouldn't every single vob be part evaluated? I guess stacking will prevent this from happening.

Example:

Planet Earth/Season 1/Episode 1/VTS_01_1.VOB
Planet Earth/Season 1/Episode 1/VTS_01_2.VOB
Planet Earth/Season 1/Episode 1/VTS_01_3.VOB

Thanks again.
hmm, when i think about it this might not work (but it should) - we may be forgetting to stack dvd folders for episodes since stacking is disabled in general for shows. if so, that's a bug i will remedy.

edit: nope. we do this correctly. we only keep the VIDEO_TS.ifo entry from each dir and ditch the vobs. so with your modified expressions everything should be golden.
spiff Wrote:everything should be golden.

Indeed, everything is golden.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Scraper0