• 14(current)
[Mod] New Episode Info List and Wide List for Episodes
Love the skin thanks for all your hard work.

One thing I noticed also mentioned earlier but still in the latest update is when you press select on movies all you get is a popup message saying "Hi" I didn't notice this as one of the bugs to be fixed!

Also where does the script need to be for latest movies etc I have it in mu userdata folder but nothing coming up. I know it was moved to there on one of the other mods, where ideally should I put it.

Thanks again
Did the font's get smaller, compared to the original Rapier? Or is it just me....?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
wow awesome job yet again...

2 suggestions... you decide if they are good or not...

first: the info screen show the fanart inside the fanart... maybe dim the original fanart a bit more in the info screen?

second: After the file path line... we could use a enter there...

like this:

last: thumbnails don't show in the movie info screen... (someone did mention that the title bar says movie info instead of tv show info?)

thanks for this great skin/mod man... I don't even touch Alaska or Aeon anymore...
terrier2006 Wrote:Love the skin thanks for all your hard work.

One thing I noticed also mentioned earlier but still in the latest update is when you press select on movies all you get is a popup message saying "Hi" I didn't notice this as one of the bugs to be fixed!

Also where does the script need to be for latest movies etc I have it in mu userdata folder but nothing coming up. I know it was moved to there on one of the other mods, where ideally should I put it.

Thanks again

Not sure where you're getting this "Hi!" dialog...it's certainly not something I programmed. Sorry I can't help any further with that. Maybe you can tell me what version of XBMC you are using. Whether you have any movies scanned into the library. Linux, Windows or Apple?

The recentlyadded.py script needs to go into the main script folder of XBMC. Should be C:\Program Files\XBMC\scripts for example.

Feanorean Wrote:A further observation, if it helps: pressing Escape when in Movies or TV Shows does indeed bring you back to the Home Screen - pressing back does not, it brings you through the categories.

Are you using the submenus or have you disabled them? It should bring you back to the home menu if you are.

Bram77 Wrote:Did the font's get smaller, compared to the original Rapier? Or is it just me....?

I changed the fonts from the original Rapier ones to Liberation Sans. I have tried to keep the font size relatively the same though.

mavgink Wrote:wow awesome job yet again...

2 suggestions... you decide if they are good or not...

first: the info screen show the fanart inside the fanart... maybe dim the original fanart a bit more in the info screen?

second: After the file path line... we could use a enter there...

Ahh, the joys of having to define a <height> when using a grouplist. Will look into it and hopefully come up with something a little more pleasing. The info screens are still a work-in-progress. Things need to be adjusted and changed some hopefully by the end of the month, I'll have something a little more concrete.

mavgink Wrote:last: thumbnails don't show in the movie info screen... (someone did mention that the title bar says movie info instead of tv show info?)

thanks for this great skin/mod man... I don't even touch Alaska or Aeon anymore...

I have forgotten to mention something the thumbnails for TV Shows. Since the skin itself is built around banners and the info screen is built for posters I've had to do a little tweaking. To have the thumbnails show up in the TV Show information dialog, you'll need to have an image named "poster.jpg" in the folder. This goes for episodes as well.

Example:

X:\Television\Lie to Me\poster.jpg --> Will show the poster in TV Show and Season info
X:\Television\Lie to Me\Season 01\poster.jpg --> Will show the poster in Episode info

Hopefully some of the stuff that is going on with XBMC Camelot will solve this problem. Mainly, the addition of having multiple images for the thumbnail (poster and banner).
Sranshaft Wrote:Not sure where you're getting this "Hi!" dialog...it's certainly not something I programmed. Sorry I can't help any further with that. Maybe you can tell me what version of XBMC you are using. Whether you have any movies scanned into the library. Linux, Windows or Apple?

Sorry should have included that information in the first place. I am running 9.11 Alpha 2 on the Apple TV. I have movies in the library and I can access them directly via the remote but the "Hi" dialogue appears when i select movies from the home screen. I have been using this mod for a while now and it wasnt until I installed the version I downloaded yesterday that this started. I also downloaded your update today and the issue was still there. I dont see this on any of the other rapier mods.

Thanks
I am also getting the HI dialog box.
Aha! Found the problem...and it's now fixed. If you want to fix it yourself, open custom_SystemInfo.xml and change id="3008" to id="3011". This will get rid of that screen.
terrier2006 Wrote:Sorry should have included that information in the first place. I am running 9.11 Alpha 2 on the Apple TV. I have movies in the library and I can access them directly via the remote but the "Hi" dialogue appears when i select movies from the home screen. I have been using this mod for a while now and it wasnt until I installed the version I downloaded yesterday that this started. I also downloaded your update today and the issue was still there. I dont see this on any of the other rapier mods.

Thanks

Disabling Sub Menus on Home Screen fixed this for me.

Sranshaft Wrote:Are you using the submenus or have you disabled them? It should bring you back to the home menu if you are.

Sub Menus disabled. Escape pulls me straight back to the Home Screen, Back takes me to the Sub Menu Screen, then Back again takes me to the same Sub Menu Screen with the original background, not my modified one, then Back again takes me to the Home Screen.

Just want to reiterate, as I sound like I'm moaning all the time - I love this skin, thank you! Smile
Feanorean Wrote:Sub Menus disabled. Escape pulls me straight back to the Home Screen, Back takes me to the Sub Menu Screen, then Back again takes me to the same Sub Menu Screen with the original background, not my modified one, then Back again takes me to the Home Screen.

Just want to reiterate, as I sound like I'm moaning all the time - I love this skin, thank you! Smile

Open Home.xml and scroll down to line 511. It should be:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, MovieTitles)</onclick>

Change this to:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary, MovieTitles, [b]return[/b])</onclick>

This should hopefully solve your problem. Big Grin
Feanorean Wrote:Disabling Sub Menus on Home Screen fixed this for me.

Thank you that did the trick.
Big Grin
terrier2006 Wrote:Thank you that did the trick.
Big Grin

Also following the fix in my post #202 will solve the problem as well. Laugh And you'll be able to use the submenus too.
Sranshaft Wrote:Also following the fix in my post #202 will solve the problem as well. Laugh And you'll be able to use the submenus too.

Thank you yes it did Nod
Sranshaft Wrote:This should hopefully solve your problem. Big Grin

It did indeed, wonderful!

Next, just a few little niggles, nothing important - still no text on profile select screen - additionally, is it possible to make the profile pictures on the select screen not wrap, and to make them larger? I doubt many people have more than 2 or 3 profiles to make the small, wrapping pictures neccessary.

mavgink Wrote:first: the info screen show the fanart inside the fanart... maybe dim the original fanart a bit more in the info screen?

I'm seconding this Nod

Just noticed, I have no "Recent Movies" or "Recent TV Shows" displaying on the Home Screen. They are enabled in the settings, but just empty boxes are showing when pressing up on the relevant categories on the Home Screen.
Did you decide to not add the wall view?
mcgehee44 Wrote:Did you decide to not add the wall view?

Haven't had a chance to yet. I'll eventually get around to it. Laugh
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] New Episode Info List and Wide List for Episodes2