Quick Customizations?
I've been using Aeon for a little bit and I've got a few customizations that I'd like to do. I'm hoping they are easy and I'm just missing something - being a noob and all.

1) I have two different sets of movies: Adult and Children's movies. I would like to have the movie lists be separate for these. Maybe an addition to the home screen? What would be the best way to do this?

2) I also have an extensive home movie collection that I wanted to have separate. I was thinking of organizing it like a TV Show collection so I could have multiple sections for things like vacation locations, etc. So this is a similar question to the above: how can I have a separate list of "TV Shows"? Can I add this to the home screen?

3) This is probably an easy one, I hope. When I travel down into a section, like a TV Show, and I get all the way down to searching for an episode, I then want to return up one menu item (like back to the list of TV shows). But pressing the "back" button takes me to the home screen. How do I set this so that the back button goes up one menu item?

4) I'm running XBMC-Lite on a HTPC I made. It's working fantastic. But for some reason the backdrops on the home screen are blank. It won't even get the default screens that are built into the skin. And when I go to the settings window and try to add the folder where the backdrops are, I can't access the USB stick that I'm running the XBMC-lite from. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks for all the help! Nod
Ooblivion Wrote:I've been using Aeon for a little bit and I've got a few customizations that I'd like to do. I'm hoping they are easy and I'm just missing something - being a noob and all.

1) I have two different sets of movies: Adult and Children's movies. I would like to have the movie lists be separate for these. Maybe an addition to the home screen? What would be the best way to do this?

2) I also have an extensive home movie collection that I wanted to have separate. I was thinking of organizing it like a TV Show collection so I could have multiple sections for things like vacation locations, etc. So this is a similar question to the above: how can I have a separate list of "TV Shows"? Can I add this to the home screen?

3) This is probably an easy one, I hope. When I travel down into a section, like a TV Show, and I get all the way down to searching for an episode, I then want to return up one menu item (like back to the list of TV shows). But pressing the "back" button takes me to the home screen. How do I set this so that the back button goes up one menu item?

4) I'm running XBMC-Lite on a HTPC I made. It's working fantastic. But for some reason the backdrops on the home screen are blank. It won't even get the default screens that are built into the skin. And when I go to the settings window and try to add the folder where the backdrops are, I can't access the USB stick that I'm running the XBMC-lite from. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks for all the help! Nod

1) i suggest to use differentt profiles. if not, you´d have to use file view.
2) only possible using files view
3) by changing the keymap xml. (I think one command is called parentdir and the other one back or something like that)
4) which svn? which skin/mod?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
1) Well, I would not mind the file view since I have all of the data saved for my movie collection (nfo, tbn, fanart, etc), but in the file view you don't get multiplex. Why not? If I could get multiplex, I'd switch to file view.
2) See above...
3) Thanks for this - I'll look into this further
4) How can you tell what svn you are using? I'm using xbmc-live version 9.04.1 and I'm using your Phil65 mod, downloaded a few min ago.
Ooblivion Wrote:1) Well, I would not mind the file view since I have all of the data saved for my movie collection (nfo, tbn, fanart, etc), but in the file view you don't get multiplex. Why not? If I could get multiplex, I'd switch to file view.
2) See above...
3) Thanks for this - I'll look into this further
4) How can you tell what svn you are using? I'm using xbmc-live version 9.04.1 and I'm using your Phil65 mod, downloaded a few min ago.

1&2 - Multiplex depends on info on files being in the database.

4 - It will display in the beginning xmbc.log file. I'm going to guess you are on an older build an may want to upgrade
-stoli-
1 & 2 are features i`m also looking for.

I`ve found a thread regarding this. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51605
It doesn`t solve the problem though. Still your only option is file view
To follow up on this:
1) I went ahead and setup another profile. So now I have a somewhat limited set of movies, music and TV shows just for children with the new profile. I can also keep the backdrops more G rated for this profile.
2) I still have not figured out the home movies. I may just add another profile for them and use the list view. I tried to have one set of movies (via a filter on genre) with the list view and the other set of movies have library view, but this wouldn't work.
3) I was able to set the keymap to do what I wanted
4) I updated to SVN 23522 and now the backdrops (and other parts of the skin mod) work great!

Thanks for all the feedback and help!
for the home movies you can add the folder to the favourites (press C on your keyboard when you find the folder in file mode, then you should go in Aeon settings and add that favourite link to the main menu, temmi's mod can do this, also Showmix). However, this folder will be managed in File mode, it's not library. I'm using this for adding RADIO and TV to the main menu, a collection of radio/tv streams.

a quick movie on how it looks like: http://www.filebox.ro/video/play_video.p...c0fqm&hd=1

So, briefly, you can add anything to the main menu, from folders, files to playlists (let's say a playlist with all the cartoons)
for 1 and 2: check out CF2009's "Home Customization MOD" @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990

i use it to have an "Anime" item on the main menu. all my anime is in the database as tv shows, and i force the genre "anime" in the .nfo files. then i just made that genre a favorite and added it to the home screen. i plan to do the same for documentaries, when i get around to it.

it's the best solution i've found so far. what i REALLY would like, though, is multiple databases. example: an anime database, a movies database, a home movies database, a tv show database, etc.

that would be a KILLER feature!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick Customizations?0