[BUG] No backgrounds/fanart when music playing
I saw a couple mentions of this in other posts, but they seem to be related to using old builds of xbmc.

When music is playing, all of my backgrounds are black; home screen, movies, tv shows, everything. Even fanart in the music library disappears. This is with the visualizations turned off.

Tried both 22516 and 23458 using Rapier 2.0 on Win7.

Clues? Is this happening to others?

Thanks,
-stoli-
Do you have "Show Music Visualization in Background" enabled?
Sranshaft Wrote:Do you have "Show Music Visualization in Background" enabled?

Nope, sure don't. Just to add a little more detail, the second I start to play a song the background goes black; it doesn't require returning to the home screen.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Nope, sure don't. Just to add a little more detail, the second I start to play a song the background goes black; it doesn't require returning to the home screen.

Hi

I have the same issues, all help much appreciated.

Im on the 2nd oct rapier build and the latest xbmc svn (6 oct 09)
Just to add to this - the same thing occurs in PM3.HD, but not in Aeon or Transparency. (the only others I have installed at the moment).
-stoli-
I give up. Confused I've been poking around in Rapier and PM3 for the last few hours and cannot figure out what is turning the backgrounds off as soon as you start playing music... Anyone have a clue? :confused2:
-stoli-
Only happens when playing music? How about videos.
@stoli, do you have Lastfm added as a source for your music by any chance? This used to cause me to lose the backgrounds on Transparency! before ronie disabled fanart lookup for plugins. The amount of folders and data from my Lastfm would cause it to crash because it searched every plugin for files ending in -fanart.jpg. (At least that's my understanding of what happened and the solution to it.)

Do you lose the background on a fresh install? Try removing some sources in your music and see if that helps you narrow it down.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Videos are fine - they display in the background/in place of the fanart/background. However, it doesn't appear that the "Hide Now Playing" for videos is having an effect; they are on the home screen regardless of the setting.

It's obviously not specific to the skin seeing as how PM3.HD does the same thing - I was going to try The Operation skin (remake of PM3) from Ekim, but the textures in his zip are corrupt...

@nicoli_k - nope, I've never used last.fm.
-stoli-
Oo Never mind. Oo I should have known better... Whacked my guisettings.xml and started over and now it's how it should be.

My apologies.... Damn it man - I've been looking for this off and on all day, and wouldn't you know it, it's in the last place you look.

I must say though scarfa, your code is nice and neat!

Edit: Stranger yet is that I had the same issue on two machines...
-stoli-
Interesting. I just tried Rapier 2.0 on a brand new install with only one music source and one movie in the library to see if the backgrounds would show while playing a song.

Here's the log http://pastebin.ca/1606122
I'm using an xbox with v23524. In the log, I go to play a song, when it starts I back out. I have Visualization set to None. At this point all backgrounds disappear. I navigate to Movies and see that the fanart fails to show.

I tried wiping out guisettings.xml to no avail. I was questioning if this was normal behavior, so I tested with T! and backgrounds and fanart show.

Perhaps it's this: "WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BackgroundDim" ? That's the only odd thing that I saw.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Also make sure you go into System > Skin Settings > General > Do Not Show Music Vis... and make sure it is selected.

@scarpa - might I suggest you set this as a default? I would think if someone wants the visualizations on they are more apt to go looking for it and, more importantly, know what they are looking for.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Also make sure you go into System > Skin Settings > General > Do Not Show Music Vis... and make sure it is selected.

Ding ding! We have a winner! That did it. The world is back to normal. Thanks for pointing that out. All your hours of looking at settings have paid off. Good detective work!
nicoli_k Wrote:Ding ding! We have a winner! That did it. The world is back to normal. Thanks for pointing that out. All your hours of looking at settings have paid off. Good detective work!

Glad my efforts were not entirely for naught. I guess having time for #$%^ like this is the only benefit of being unemployed at the moment.
-stoli-
Sooo I guess you don't need me..

It's all about teamwork. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] No backgrounds/fanart when music playing0