Some minor gripes with Rapier 2.0
First off: great work. Again.

I do however have some pet peeves with the newest version. Running on Xbox with T3CH-rev21142, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything.

scarfa Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdH
- In the first screen of the music library (the one with 'genres', 'artists', 'albums', etc.), my set background disappears to the standard background color. Selecting anything from the list brings it back, but in that first screen it always fades away;

I changed the behaviour. The custom background now only shows when there is media content, because that first screen doesn't have any, it doesn't show.

This is still the case and to me it comes across as inconsistent, because there's only that one screen that suddenly loses its background, like there's something missing. If this is by design or due to my version, I'll take that in account and stop whining about it. Wink

=========================================================
Other thing I noticed is in Movie library. With fanart enabled in 'list info view', the covers used to change upon scrolling, and fanart only displayed after staying on a title for a second (in v1.6).

Now (in v2.0) the cover stays on the last displayed one while scrolling and only changes along with the fanart. I like it better when the covers change with the scrolling, which I can only get with fanart turned off. Is this behaviour intended, or can I do something to get it back as it was in v1.6? (without actually reverting back to 1.6 :p)

Anyway, thanks to scarfa for a great skin. Keep it up!
Bump. @scarfa: Any comments on the above? Is it by design or still being worked on?

TIA
WeirdH Wrote:Bump. @scarfa: Any comments on the above? Is it by design or still being worked on?

TIA

Sorry, guess your thread got lost in the shuffle. To address your comment about backgrounds, heres what I said in some other thread:

scarfa Wrote:At the moment no, sorry. I made it this way for consistency. Since users requested separate backgrounds for videos/movies/tvshows, there would be some confusion as to what background to use for screens such as the media sources one. Do you use the custom bg for videos, movies or tvshows? Instead, for consistency sakes it was best to use a "neutral" background.

And for your other comment, I can PM you a modified xml that avoids the cover from disappearing when scrolling in list info view.
scarfa Wrote:And for your other comment, I can PM you a modified xml that avoids the cover from disappearing when scrolling in list info view.

That would be great. Just to be sure: what I want is movie covers that immediately change upon scrolling. So when I scroll fast (like with the triggers on the controller) I see my covers zooming by as if I made some sort of flipbook-animation. Will your modified xml do that?

Also, if it's some small change within an existing file, could I change it myself if you just post the code?

In any case, thanks in advance!
When I scroll through my movies the covers update every move regardless of how fast.
Dougie085 Wrote:When I scroll through my movies the covers update every move regardless of how fast.

On Xbox with v2.0? If so, what build are you running? I might need an upgrade..
@scarfa: I've been snooping around, is it something in ViewsVideo.xml?

TIA
Yes, you'll need to remove background="true" from the <texture> tag of all the cover images controls. This will slow down the actual loading of the covers and add some overhead to the memory usage though.
That did the trick. Thanks Sranshaft! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some minor gripes with Rapier 2.00