XBMC blank screen after input change
Hi all,

I currently running XBMC on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty. (XBMC 9.04.1 R20654 (Compiled May 25 2009))

I have it running perfectly but have run into an issue i cant find an answer for.

I am running XBMC over DVI to a HDMI converter on the TV, and as the title suggests, everytime i change the input on the TV to something else (hdmi 2, TV, HDDVD etc) and then switch back to XBMC, the screen is blank.

I have searched the forums and have had a few similar results, but most seem to relate to Apple TV, or otherwise are not resolved.

One thing that stands out in my case however is that when i change inputs during bios/post or while Ubunut is loading and then change back, it works fine, however once XBMC loads up the problem begins. Wether or not it is actually when the video drivers kick in i am not too sure?

My video card is an Nvidia 5500 and i am running from DVI to a HDMI converter. The drivers are version 173. They were the latest version Ubuntu picked up?

I'd be happy to post some logs and run debugs but im not sure exactly where to look.

I currently have the resolution set 1920x1080 @ 50Hz (its on a 46" Sony Bravia LCD). I have tried the res at auto or 1080p but it does not help.

The skin i am using is Mediastream but i have tried it on the default PM3.HD and it did not help.

Would really appreciate some help. Let me know if i can post more info.

Cheers,

muffin
I have this problem too. Have you found a solution?

I forgot to say, Im using an Aspire Revo with the Ion chip and the tv is a vizio.
Havn't found a solution yet. If i do you'll be the first to know. I guess i might try updated video drivers. Are you runnnig the 173's?
I have the same problem.
Well i had a chance today to have a quick play around.

The problem appears to happen on resolutions higher that 1024x768.

I closed XBMC and started up GDM and fiddled with the NVIDIA CP. When i set the resolution to 1024x768, switched to a different input, then switched back it worked. Any res higher than that and it does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC blank screen after input change0