[WINDOWS] Running "Scripts" (or macros?) when playing media?
Guys,

Firstly, hello! I have been a long time user of XBMC on an Xecuter 2.2 modded Xbox, but in recent months I have been building a media PC specifically for making the most of XBMC.

I have had a brief search for what I am trying to find out, but in all honesty im not sure what search terms I should be trying! This may well be documented somewhere already so apologies if this is the case.

What I would like to do is run a script or macro when I first press play on media (only really for movies, dont really need it for music or TV). I would like a series of commands to take place before the movie actually starts playing. This is all for showing my setup off more than anything!

Now I imagine the first part would be quite easy - I would like a couple of different video files to play first before the movie. There are certain adverts that always make me feel like im at the cinema, those in the UK will probably know what I mean. Adverts like the Stella Artois, Red Bull ones etc. Hopefully someone will know what I mean and wont just think im crazy! So, once I have some of these saved onto my machine, I would like XBMC to randomly pick a couple to play after ive pressed the play button and before the movie starts.

I would then like XBMC to maybe pick a couple of movie trailers. Either from HDD or maybe the Apple trailers? I might use a Dolby Digital or THX trailer in place of one of these actually.

With it so far?! Good!

The next stage is probably more difficult. I am going to have an infrared transmitter installed on the PC aswell as a receiver (although I will probably be using the iPhone app as the remote). I have seen these before but will have to find all the info again. I will want XBMC to send some commands out over IR. These commands will be volume up on the AV Receiver (either for a set amount of time to achieve a set volume or using discreet commands if I can) and the other will be sending a command to my Futronix lighting controller to choose a certain scene. The movie can then start to play!!

So, to summarise...

Press play on the remote > XBMC shows an advert or two > show a film trailer or Dolby/THX intro > send IR command to raise volume > send IR command to choose lighting scene > play movie > when the movie has finished, send reverse IR commands to lower volume and raise lights.

Im hoping that makes sense, ive tried to make it as clear as possible!

If anyone could offer any advice, even to say its not possible then that would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

John
Ok, I have just stumbled across the 'Home Theatre Experience' plugin which appears to do half of what I am hoping.

If someone could advise further though that would be great. I dont want to go cluttering up that thread just with requests though!

Cheers

John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Running "Scripts" (or macros?) when playing media?0