SVN Build woes, need new skin support.
Hello all,

I've been trying to get one of the newer SVN builds to work correctly so that I could fully use the functionality of newer skins (Rapier, MediaStream Redux) but every single build I try has it's own set of problems.

Now, I know these builds are unsupported, but can anyone give me some advice?

The builds that I have tried are and ran:

23451 - Always runs windowed, but works...however skins won't install because it says they require a newer skin version...

22528 - A recommended build, but it does not play anything (music or video).
The error log contains mostly:

ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
"WARNING: Win32DllLoader::ResolveExport - Unable to resolve: MADCodec.dll mad_frame_init"

ERROR: Unable to resolve exports from dll special://xbmc/system/players/paplayer/MADCodec.dll
ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - failed to load ffmpeg libraries
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

SO, my question would be which build is "stable" enough to use for these new skins? Or how do I fix the above? Or, do I just keep trying builds?
Sounds like you've been using bad builds or aren't installing them correctly.

None of those problems should have ever been an issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like you've been using bad builds or aren't installing them correctly.

None of those problems should have ever been an issue.

I wish that were the case...

I have been installing them via full installers, not updates. Before installing, I uninstalled the previous version and manually deleted the XBMC folder within documents and settings/etc..

EDIT:

Build 22856-gl seems to work okay for me, but the taskbar is always showing. If I hide it, then I just see my wallpaper where it should be :/

EDIT:

Erp, nevermind. "We require skins 2.10 or higher" - oops - skin was stacked in two directories skins/rapier/rapier

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN Build woes, need new skin support.0