[Mod] Fanart View by SAangler
Star 
Well here I am again with another mod and in the tradition of my first mod I am keeping things simple and clean. The idea for this mod came from other users and from the workings of 'igotdvds'. So thank you to him and them and to everyone else. But most of all to 'scarfa' for such a great skin.

Think of this mod as a now you see it now you don't type of mod.
This mod is for the Fanart View and after you install it you will notice that nothing has changed when you go into your movies fanart view.

That is, Until you press your DOWN Button.

Then your movie information is displayed along with the option to view a trailer if one is available. You can at this point just press your DOWN Button and continue choosing a movie, or go ahead and press SELECT and watch a Trailer/Preview of the movie.

To stop the Trailer playing you just press that DOWN button again. But what about the movie information stuff still on your screen ?. Well you guessed it. Again we just use that DOWN button and it's gone.

Now for the bad news. This mod is only for PC users at this stage. All it did was have memory problems on my xbox. But I will work on removing the extrathumbs part of the mod and see how that works on the xbox. When I get something working for the xbox I will post again.

So for the PC users here is the download. Just overwrite your 720p folder and remember to backup your original 720p folder first incase you wan't to switch it back...

Download updated to allow for alignment of Top Options Menu Bar and Bottom Pane so now everything looks sweet when it is all turned on.

As always post any bugs or questions and I will do my very best to help. Just don't ask me how I made it work. I'd tell you but then I'd have to ..... Smile

All the very best.

SAangler
First of all, awesome that you guys brought this MOD to life!!! Really great. Couple of points:

saangler Wrote:That is, Until you press your DOWN Button.

Wouldnt "press up" make more sense? The info shows up on top of the poster, so I would have found "up" to activate info window better!!!

saangler Wrote:But I will work on removing the extrathumbs part of the mod and see how that works on the xbox. When I get something working

Great to hear. Would be great to have a second option without the extrathumb in any case. I found the skin "too busy" and not "as clean" if you have another 2 photos around...

Thanks again!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Hey Saangler,

I quickly glanced at your code. Might I suggest if the extrathumbs are slowing down on the Xbox, to have a visibility condition where you grouped your extrathumbs code that checks to see if the platform is Xbox. So <visible>!System.Platform.Xbox</visible>

Instead of putting the extra view code in DialogPictureInfo.xml, you can perhaps make a new custom window or add it to my existing Fanart code in ViewsVideo.xml, then have a setting in skin settings that toggles wether to show the media info when pressing down. That way it preserves the existing fanart view if some users don't need the extra media info. One other problem is if someone toggles to show the bottom info pane then the alignment for the media info window overlaps the movie covers. To solve this you could check for Skin.HasSetting(HideInfoPane), and if it's on have a slide animation that moves the media info window up a little bit.

Or you could make an entirely new that is selectable in the view menu and copy some of my fanart code over. This way you could completely disable the bottom info pane, which doesn't seem to be needed for this view.

I like what you have done so far, I hope you continue modding it. Cool
Download updated to allow for alignment of Top Options Menu Bar and Bottom Pane so now everything looks sweet when it is all turned on.

Just download the same file again from first post. All details in first post.

Thanks for bringing the Bottom Pane to my attention scarfa.

When I put this mod together I had the Bottom Pane and the Top Options Menu Bar both hidden and forgot about both of them... lol.

This new download puts everything back into place in the right location so if a
user has either or both of those options visible it all still fits and looks good.

Just shows you what a noobie I am. :o

SAangler
scarfa Wrote:Hey Saangler,

I quickly glanced at your code. Might I suggest if the extrathumbs are slowing down on the Xbox, to have a visibility condition where you grouped your extrathumbs code that checks to see if the platform is Xbox. So <visible>!System.Platform.Xbox</visible>

Instead of putting the extra view code in DialogPictureInfo.xml, you can perhaps make a new custom window or add it to my existing Fanart code in ViewsVideo.xml, then have a setting in skin settings that toggles wether to show the media info when pressing down. That way it preserves the existing fanart view if some users don't need the extra media info. One other problem is if someone toggles to show the bottom info pane then the alignment for the media info window overlaps the movie covers. To solve this you could check for Skin.HasSetting(HideInfoPane), and if it's on have a slide animation that moves the media info window up a little bit.

Or you could make an entirely new that is selectable in the view menu and copy some of my fanart code over. This way you could completely disable the bottom info pane, which doesn't seem to be needed for this view.

I like what you have done so far, I hope you continue modding it. Cool
Thanks scarfa,

I understood most of what you said and picked up on a couple of the problems which I addressed this morning. I have no idea how to create a new custom window and understand that what I did by stealing the DialogPictureInfo.xml to use for this mod is more than likely a big no no. I would prefer a new Dialog.

If you could PM me with a few pointers, I would appreciate it.

I tried your idea for the xbox but so far no good. I think I would like to finish the mod first and be happy with it. Then look at what can be done to make this and other mods work with the xbox.

Anyway it's V8 Supercars Bathurst Race day here and this is the first year in 6 years that I am not working trackside doing communications. So I will go and chill in front of the telly.

Thanks again.

SAangler
Hi steve1977,

I didn't forget about you. The idea of pressing [UP] to bring up the Video Information window while it sounds like the correct option, it causes a problem. When you press up in Fanart View and in fact in most views it takes you to the Top Bar Options Menu and that is why I opted to use the [DOWN] button for this and my other mod. I hope you understand why I went this way. Also for the sake of keeping it simple.

Cheers.

SAAngler
how did you hide the bottom bar? Mine is still showing up. Oo
jk_baller23 Wrote:how did you hide the bottom bar? Mine is still showing up. Oo
Hi jk_baller23,

Just go to Settings then Skin Settings and the 3rd option on the right hand side will be HIDE BOTTOM INFO PANE. Hope this helps.

SAangler
hi,
nice mod, but i think it would be better if pressing select in video information would still play the movie, not the trailer. also replacing the 720p folder with this mod killed your previous mod, is there a way to keep both?
saangler Wrote:I didn't forget about you. The idea of pressing [UP] to bring up the Video Information window while it sounds like the correct option, it causes a problem. When you press up in Fanart View and in fact in most views it takes you to the Top Bar Options Menu and that is why I opted to use the [DOWN] button for this and my other mod. I hope you understand why I went this way. Also for the sake of keeping it simple.

Havent thought of that and believe you are completely right. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!!! Maybe, the "trailer start" could be after a second "click down" and by "click left" or "click right" could close the "windowed" info again. What do you think?

Really terrific MOD!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
r1ctus Wrote:hi,
nice mod, but i think it would be better if pressing select in video information would still play the movie, not the trailer. also replacing the 720p folder with this mod killed your previous mod, is there a way to keep both?
Hey r1ctus

At this stage I would have to say that I can't put both my mods together as I am using existing dialogue windows to display the information we see on the screen. Until I learn how to create a new window and execute it I'm afraid they will remain as two seperate mods. Sorry.

SAangler
first off, excellent mod!

nice work and greatly appreciated.

Now if you dont mind, i have a suggestion. i dont really like the "press down and select texts) the way they appear.

so i did something in photoshop to check out.

i dont know if its possible, but it would be nice i think

Hey rossoneri711,

Do like where your head is at. If only the code side of skinning was as easy as Photoshop..lol. That aside I plan to frame the extrathumbs and then create 3 buttons. [Close Info] [Play Movie] and the last one will only show if a trailer is available [Preview Movie].

The buttons will be below one another and below the extrathumbs on the lower right corner of the window. You will be able to select either button by moving up or down via your remote or up and down arrows on your keyboard. I hope I can pull this off without too many problems.

Once everyone including myself is happy with the way it looks and works I will try and see what I can do about getting it to work on the xbox as I don't even have a HTPC myself and only use xbox's to watch my media on.

I also plan to visit the site where all the downloads are stored and hope to put the files for each of the mods into individual folders to avoid confusion.

But for now it's time for bed. Looks like I have a busy day tomorrow. Smile

SAangler
saangler Wrote:Hey rossoneri711,

Do like where your head is at. If only the code side of skinning was as easy as Photoshop..lol. That aside I plan to frame the extrathumbs and then create 3 buttons. [Close Info] [Play Movie] and the last one will only show if a trailer is available [Preview Movie].

The buttons will be below one another and below the extrathumbs on the lower right corner of the window. You will be able to select either button by moving up or down via your remote or up and down arrows on your keyboard. I hope I can pull this off without too many problems.

Once everyone including myself is happy with the way it looks and works I will try and see what I can do about getting it to work on the xbox as I don't even have a HTPC myself and only use xbox's to watch my media on.

I also plan to visit the site where all the downloads are stored and hope to put the files for each of the mods into individual folders to avoid confusion.

But for now it's time for bed. Looks like I have a busy day tomorrow. Smile

SAangler

nice! Smile that why i told you, i dont know if its possible!

anyhow your sound better.

looking forward to it!
got it working in mac mate

but how can i make this as the default view without pressing down button

it a nice mod bro but someh0w it dont feel good when using a keyboard

when i want to view each movies trailer, i need to press down 3times for each movie

example the 1st movie

first for the info to show, if i have played the trailer and in order to stop it i need to press the down again(thats for the 2nd time) and to go to another movie , i need again to press the down button (this for the 3rd time) to remove the info screen.

i aint complaining bro, i like your work and putting time on it, JUST wondering if you could make an option for it

eg.

info = on (no need to press the down button to see it)
info = trigger (you got it, your gonna press the down button to see the info and watch the trailer)

or simple edit on how to make the info always on

thanks and more power .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Fanart View by SAangler0