XBMC Live - Won't suspend on Acer Revo 3600
Hi All,

I'm having trouble with the suspend and hibernate features of XBMC, with my remote and the OSD I can put the unit into suspend mode (although with the REVO this appears to leave the main power light on with no display on screen) however it almost immediately bounces right back out of resume to the XBMC "desktop". I've read a few fixes for this if you're running XBMC on full blown linux but as a linux noob I don't know enough to translate this into command lines actions using putty. I'm using XBMC Live installed directly to the Revos internal HDD.

Any help would be appreciated Huh
Anyone? Does suspend work for everyone else with the Revo?
I'm notice that my HP IR Reciever is getting IR signals from my Panasonc Plasma. The red light keeps blinking. As soon as I turn off my TV the blinking is gone.
Are you sure your IR reciever isn't picking up another signal?
(I'm using an Asrock ion 330)
I tried it without the IR receiver attached and a USB KB but it did the sae thing, although you are correct my MCE receiver does flash as if it's receiving a signal during the brief suspend mode. I'll try covering the receiver and see if that has any effect.
I'm having the same issues on my ASrock 330 with XBMC Live (with the latest beta). I have no remote attached, but when I select hibernate, the power stays on, the screen turns black (but not off, the monitor keeps receiving a signal). What could solve this problem?
Same issue here on Asrock ION330-PRO Huh
I encountered this problem with my Asrock Ion 330 but only when I improperly applied a fix to enable wake from suspend on the 9.11 beta are some of you doing this too ?

What happened was I incorrectly used the USB2 command instead of USB0 command.

What you have to do is edit your rc.local file in XBMC Live and add the following command

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Should look like the file below
Quote:#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
exit 0

After your done reboot the computer and see if everything works normally.

In order to edit that file you can boot from Ubuntu live CD or log in over FTP with WinSCP but you need root access to change the file, heres how

Step 1) First up go into XBMC Live and highlight system then press right (arrow key or d-pad) to open sub menu then select system info. Make a note of the IP address that is being used.

Step 2) Start Putty (look in winscp folder) and type in the IP address of XBMC to connect.
username and password = xbmc

Type in this command sudo passwd root this will prompt you to change the root password so pick xbmc as the password.

Close Putty.

Step 3) Now start Winscp and in the hostname enter in the XBMC IP address
username = root password = xbmc

Once logged in find the /etc/ folder & right click on rc.local select edit and change it then click the floppy disk icon in the edit window to save the changes.

If that doesnt work then it is a different problem.
I've done as described in the post above, but no success... I run XBMC Live from a USB stick, and have a USB keyboard attached, maybe this has something to do with it?
I also am running a Acer Aspire Revo 3610. I have installed 9.11 B1 (from the download page) onto a USB drive.

Everything works fine and now I am trying to enable resume with USB remote. I've followed the instructions from Starstream (and the Wiki) closely. I've changed my root password and it works. I've used the echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup command and then double checked it with cat /proc/acpi/wakeup.

With these changes, I can successfully suspend XBMC and resume with my remote. Now I edit the rc.local file. I log in with Filezilla as root with my new password. I edit the rc.local file, and save it. I can see from the file properties that it is the correct file. I even move a copy of it back to the machine and open it to check. When I reboot, resume with USB remote no longer works. When i reconnect with Filezilla (after changing the root password again), it shows the original file back. I've also used fireFTP with the same results.

Any ideas?
Mine kept rebooting everytime I told it to shutdown so I entered these while at console to tell the system when the user xbmc says to shutdown or reboot allow it to happen.

Code:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.hibernate
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.shutdown-multiple-sessions
Kizer-

Who are you responding to? I think I might be missing your point... At the risk of sounding like a noob.
htrodscott Wrote:I also am running a Acer Aspire Revo 3610. I have installed 9.11 B1 (from the download page) onto a USB drive.

Everything works fine and now I am trying to enable resume with USB remote. I've followed the instructions from Starstream (and the Wiki) closely. I've changed my root password and it works. I've used the echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup command and then double checked it with cat /proc/acpi/wakeup.

With these changes, I can successfully suspend XBMC and resume with my remote. Now I edit the rc.local file. I log in with Filezilla as root with my new password. I edit the rc.local file, and save it. I can see from the file properties that it is the correct file. I even move a copy of it back to the machine and open it to check. When I reboot, resume with USB remote no longer works. When i reconnect with Filezilla (after changing the root password again), it shows the original file back. I've also used fireFTP with the same results.

Any ideas?

I had this too - you're running the "installer" image on your USB stick, and subsequently all changes the the file system aren't kept when you reboot. You have to run the actual installer "to disk" and select your USB drive, after which you'll have an editable copy of XBMC Live. There may be a way to tweak what you have to allow edits, but I wasn't able to find it after lots of searching and reading.
Deepblue-

I installed XBMC 9.11 B1 onto the flash drive using unetbootin as described in the 9.11 B1 sticky at the top of the Live general help. Is this not the way to do it, or is there a setting on unetbootin that I messed up on?
I'll preface my reply with this - I'm about 2 weeks deep with Linux right now. That said, my fellow techies and I built 10 Acer Revo 1600's and put XBMC Live on them via USB last week, and have been learning and sharing as much as possible.

I had been all of our experience that following the steps in that sticky results in an XBMC install where you can't save changes to the Linux filesystem - XBMC changes, yes, but Linux filesystem changes, no.

We ended up buying a USB DVD Drive and doing the old fashioned CDROM based install disk, and through some experimentation managed to figure out how to get the new installer to write to a USB device. Results have been great - works perfectly now.

Hope this helps you.
Deepblue-

Thanks for your help. Would it be possible for you to share just a bit more about how you managed to install live from a CD to the USB drive?

I tried this initially but had no luck. When I got to the section of the install where it asks where to install it (what disk), I chose to install it to the USB, but then in the next steps, it wanted to load the GRUB boot loader onto my hard disk. Did you do this, or did you manage to install GRUB onto the USB disk as well, therefor not having any part of the install on the hard disk? I'm also very new to linux, but am eager to learn. If I have to (to get it to work correctly), I will plug my USB CD-Rom into the PC and create a partition to install it to and install it to the hard disk. I just need to keep Windows 7 for my wife.

Thanks again for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live - Won't suspend on Acer Revo 36000