XBMC Live - Won't suspend on Acer Revo 3600
I just pinged one of my fellow Revo builders to post here and writeup the step by step. I think it should be stickied or "how to"'d when it is done, unless we've both done something wrong with the currently stickied USB/unetbootin approach.
I could always bump this issue to the main live help forum and see if some of the linux geniuses around here could help... What do you think?

Looking forward to reading about your process.

As always, thanks for the help.
htrodscott Wrote:Kizer-

Who are you responding to? I think I might be missing your point... At the risk of sounding like a noob.

Sorry I was responding to the OP's original post about not being able to enter into suspend. Sounds like his machine is rebooting opposed to suspending. The problem I had simular to his is when I set up my AsRock my account did not have the proper permissions to perform the operation via the remote via XBMC. So by adding what I posted in my last post it fixed all of my problems.

Sorry there was a few different coversations going around in this thread and I can really see how things got confusing.
htrodscott Wrote:Deepblue-

Thanks for your help. Would it be possible for you to share just a bit more about how you managed to install live from a CD to the USB drive?

I tried this initially but had no luck. When I got to the section of the install where it asks where to install it (what disk), I chose to install it to the USB, but then in the next steps, it wanted to load the GRUB boot loader onto my hard disk. Did you do this, or did you manage to install GRUB onto the USB disk as well, therefor not having any part of the install on the hard disk? I'm also very new to linux, but am eager to learn. If I have to (to get it to work correctly), I will plug my USB CD-Rom into the PC and create a partition to install it to and install it to the hard disk. I just need to keep Windows 7 for my wife.

Thanks again for the help.

Thats odd. When I used the live disc which at the time was Jaunty not the newest release it installed everthing on a USB stick without a hitch on my AsRock, which shouldn't matter that its not a Revo since its still a PC and pretty much the same PC in a different case. When I used the newest Live it was a bit confusing to how to do everything, but I eventually got it installed on a memory stick and I don't recall it asking me to do anything differently with Grub like you described.
I have been playing with XBMC tonight... and I was working with alsamixer. Regardless of whether I made the changes to alsamixer as xbmc or root, when I reboot, my alsamixer settings are back to default. This goes to prove what Deepblue is talking about... That XBMC changes are kept, but linux system changes are not. I'm curious if this will help the question.
htr, as deepblue mentioned here is the post we were talking about.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63438

Good luck. Postback if you run into a snag.
I tried the method you recommended in the last post. I posted my results here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63438
Post #3

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Big Grin 
Starstream Wrote:I encountered this problem with my Asrock Ion 330 but only when I improperly applied a fix to enable wake from suspend on the 9.11 beta are some of you doing this too ?

What happened was I incorrectly used the USB2 command instead of USB0 command.

What you have to do is edit your rc.local file in XBMC Live and add the following command

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

Should look like the file below

After your done reboot the computer and see if everything works normally.

In order to edit that file you can boot from Ubuntu live CD or log in over FTP with WinSCP but you need root access to change the file, heres how

Step 1) First up go into XBMC Live and highlight system then press right (arrow key or d-pad) to open sub menu then select system info. Make a note of the IP address that is being used.

Step 2) Start Putty (look in winscp folder) and type in the IP address of XBMC to connect.
username and password = xbmc

Type in this command sudo passwd root this will prompt you to change the root password so pick xbmc as the password.

Close Putty.

Step 3) Now start Winscp and in the hostname enter in the XBMC IP address
username = root password = xbmc

Once logged in find the /etc/ folder & right click on rc.local select edit and change it then click the floppy disk icon in the edit window to save the changes.

If that doesnt work then it is a different problem.

Absolute genius. Spent the best part of a day looking for the solution to getting my Revo to resume from suspend. Thank you very much!
Acer 3610
XBMC Freaks Live 9.11 rev 13
MCE remote
Suspend functions from the on screen menu, and the power button on the remote wakes the machine, however the same power button on the remote shuts the machine down rather than sending it into suspend. Power settings in BIOS are defaults.
sorted
Thanks for the info Starstream, I think I have chosen a wrong USB port too.

Mine will go in Hibernate and then after 5 seconds it automatically comes up again. (Remote keeps working tho) Strange thing is that when I press hibernate and quickly pull out the XBOX IR receiver it will go perfectly in hibernate mode.

I will try your advice tonight.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
OK that didn't work..... Confused

Disable Usbcore Autosuspend (This bug exhibits itself as immediately waking after suspension)

Edit: /etc/default/grub and add usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,noredir usbcore.autosuspend=-1"

Doesn't the line need a , between noredir and usbcore ?
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
Update: Seems that some device's got a wake on USB in their Bios! If you don't disable this and put it to sleep, any (accidental) signal recieved from mouse or keyboard will wake it up again.

Still this didn't fix my problem for now I just manually turn it on Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live - Won't suspend on Acer Revo 36000