"Clean file and folder names" makes my folders invisible. Bug?
Hi. If I check the option "Clean file and folder names" in settings it makes my video folders with "[" and "]" invisible. There is no problem with "[" and "]" in the physical folder, but it's when you write "[" and "]" in the virtual folder, under "Enter a name for this media Source", this problem appears.

And a secondary failure of this is that there are no option menu when pressing "c" on that invisible folder.

This has worked in a earlier build of XBMC, but it was a long time ago, so I cant remember what build. I'm not sure if it was even this version of XBMC.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/m6e5cb9c2
XBMC build 23548 PM3.HD
Windows 7 64-bit

//StarChild
What is the name of the source in question so that we may reproduce.

Secondly, why exactly are you wanting this option enabled anyway?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The name of the virtual folder is [FiLM] just like the real folder. Any name that starts with [ and ens with ] will do.
I have tried and found that this problem with invisibility only appears when both "[" and "]" is in the virtual name.
The "c key-press" problem remains even if just "[" or is used as the first character in the virtual name (not if "]")

Why i want this option enabled is simply that i have organized my real folders this way and it would be nice to have it this way as the virtual folders to. Its just cosmetic purpose.
There is no problem to access the virtual folder or see other subfolders that also contains "[" and "]", its just the first folder with a virtual name.

//StarChild
So why do you have "Clean filenames" on exactly? What are you wanting it to clean?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Ok I misunderstood you there, It cleans my folders with my movies and CDs in.

//regard StarChild
Right, so the problem appears to be that it's cleaning things it shouldn't be cleaning - correct? In particular, it's cleaning folders that start with a '['.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Fixed in r23594 - thanks for the report!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanx! It solves the problem, but it appears some other problems instead Smile

see pictures in PM

regards StarChild

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Clean file and folder names" makes my folders invisible. Bug?0