Plugin Creation Help
Hey guys,

I'm sorry to post for something which I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about, but I've not managed to find any help so far. I'm looking for some help making plugins. I'm pretty new but a fast learner, and may have skipped over something in haste but not that I've seen on recheck.

I've been playing about with Voinage's tutorial on the wiki, and it's absolutely fantastic. I've understood so far, and have most of it working, except for a couple of things that aren't mentioned. I'm using the default.py that came with the tutorial, and that's what I'm working with, but there's a couple more things I'd like to do.

1) Where is the function call when I press on a file that's been added with addLink(). It automatically plays as video, whereas I want to write to a file, and then run it, or to set it to download the file instead of playing.

2) In the line
Code:
liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title": name } )
I was wondering what the type does (on writing I'm figuring it's for sort by, can anyone confirm for me?) and also if there is a list of plugin functions that can be used, such as alternate sort methods. Also, are the infoLabels the same as the available ones for skins, and is there a way to use custom ones to sort via?

Sorry for being a nuisance, but I guess after several hours of google it's be better to just ask. I may get flamed, but I reckon people are more likely to try to help (I hope).

Cheers
Hello, glad that you are enjoying the tutorial.

Try looking at the Plugin docs in my sig for lists of functions etc.

Try looking at the download function in my old Tv Shack plugin.

Be well.

V

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin Creation Help0