TV shows: folder.jpg vs poster.jpg, I still don't get it...
Hi folks,

I've been reading through a lot of threads on this issue now, but I still don't get it... I must be a bit dense I guess :-)

For TV shows, you can have folder.jpg which is in 16:9 format and is shown in the Main TV shows menu for each show. Poster.jpg is shown on the info page.

Now, I have added both these files to the TV show folder, for example:

True Blood/
--- folder.jpg
--- poster.jpg
--- True Blood s01e01.avi
--- etc...

but none of the images are shown by default. If I enter the info page for the show, I can select a thumbnail by pressing the "thumb" button, but this will change both the menu list icon and the info poster at the same time.

So how do I get XBMC to recognize the folder.jpg and poster.jpg as separate files and use them where they are supposed to be used?

Cheers
Try using the .TBN Format instead of .JPG this is the default format for XBMC.
And maybe you tell us what mod you're using and what what view, I noticed that some are using different rules for showing up the images.
Sorry about the lack of info :-)

I'm using the latest git version of Aeon and the latest SVN version of XBMC on a ubuntu linux PC. No mods or addons to Aeon.

I'm using the default TV show library view for Aeon.

Changing the extensions to .tbn didn't seem to work either.

Cheers
Newer svn builds have unknown issues showing poster.jpg in my experience.
The last version I recall this working with was r22528.

Your filenames are correct there's no need to change them.
Yeah, here it also stopped working.
It looks like it can't find poster.jpg anymore
Problem is it's looking for poster.jpg in the root directory for some reason for example:

Quote:15:46:58 T:2794916752 M:645615616 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /media/key/Series/poster.jpg
I just tried the 22528 SVN revision, but then I got empty libraries for both movies and TV shows.

I guess I'll just have to live with it for the time being...

Cheers
tseval Wrote:I just tried the 22528 SVN revision, but then I got empty libraries for both movies and TV shows.

Cheers

Read this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59281

it will explain what every artwork file does, and how you should name them

Regarding you being unable to scan media correctly, are you setting 'source' type correctly when you create a source for XBMC to scan?

You must create a source (say "MY TV Shows") then tell XBMC that the contents of that source are TV shows (or movies).

Then, finally, for TV Shows, you must make sure that your shows are named correctly so that XBMC can recognise the show name, the season and the episode number. This is slightly more complex than for normal movies.

There's a lot of ways you can name the show... but the easiest option is like this.

House\
House\Season 01\
House\Season 01\S01E01 - Pilot.avi
House\Season 01\S01E02 - Hello World.avi
tseval Wrote:I just tried the 22528 SVN revision, but then I got empty libraries for both movies and TV shows.

Cheers

Reverting to an older version of svn may require you to rescan your library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV shows: folder.jpg vs poster.jpg, I still don't get it...0