• 38(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
wyrm Wrote:Lipo, no see the same thing in log, but I stand corrected (yet again). Please e-mail me the DialogContextMenu.xml file from pm3 for me to have a look at as I suspect that it is a very minor change between the two skins. Hopefully with the two files side by side I should be able to pickup what the problem is.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

im pretty sure that is pm 3 debug log, but ill check again

i have time toying around & i decide to enable all view (im a list view person)

major issue
  1. theres no banner view on movies libary
  2. wall view on music libary always display artist & album name
    wall view

list & other view

thanks wyrm
lipo Wrote:im pretty sure that is pm 3 debug log, but ill check again
Lipo, yes it was but the point was that PMIII shows the dialog correctly and my skin does not. In order for me to fix this I need to see what I am doing different to PMIII, so please e-mail me the PMIII DialogContextMenu.xml file and I can fix the problem.
Quote:i have time toying around & i decide to enable all view (im a list view person)

major issue
1. theres no banner view on movies libary
Not an issue, only get banners for TV shows, thus this view is only for TV shows.
Quote: 2. wall view on music libary always display artist & album name
Again not an issue, there is not a list that shows this info in wall view, so I show artist & album. List view shows the info, so no point showing it again (why waste screen space showing something twice). Music Wall, Wrap and Coverflow views all show this info for the current focused item.

So other than the context menu issue that you mentioned previously, there is nothing to see here (move along).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
bornagainpengui Wrote:Not completely sold on the horizontal bar just yet, mostly because I don't see my custom links (for TV Time 2.0 or PseudoTV) when viewed that way. Also I noticed that it took a few tries before the setting was "remembered" to be enabled and it often wanted to revert to being off. Of course this is beta, so I get to keep both pieces when where it breaks, right?
bornagainpenguin,

Latest Passion release now has custom playlists under Video and Music menus and custom addons under Addons menu. Sorry just realised that I forgot Youtube addon (will make it into next Passion release). Have also done a bit of work on the video OSD. Now has a much better (clearer) seek slider button and shows the amount of cached file on the seek/progress bar. Still need to rewrite things a bit as the sub menus on the horizontal home menu stick around a bit long when changing to another screen. But generally the way things look at the moment is pretty well how I intend for things to stay. Comments welcome.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

i think the glow on highlited movie/tv show is not necesseary, you can tell the difference by the pic size

am & pm dont appear on power menu

fix needed for scrollbar on visulization setting

quick question :
did xtv-saf (xbox ver) suport cleartart ??
lipo Wrote:i think the glow on highlited movie/tv show is not necesseary, you can tell the difference by the pic size
Lipo,
Yes you are right, not needed but I think it gives a little extra 'bling' so I think it can stay.
Quote:am & pm dont appear on power menu
That is a size of field problem (the ... gives that away, basically that says I have more info but can't display it in the given space). Will mess with things a bit and see what I can do. Probably not even a problem on Eden as the short form of the day is now used there. Good catch.
Quote:fix needed for scrollbar on visulization setting
Funny enough I spotted that one just the other day. Will make sure it is fixed.

BTW, your posts with pictures prove to be a very handy TODO list, please keep it up.

Quote:quick question :
did xtv-saf (xbox ver) suport cleartart ??
No, can have a look and see what I can do. Have already made a number of changes to the OSD (unfortunately a lot of it just will not show up on XBox. Cached level is very handy but only available on XBMC Eden)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Lipo

BTW, your posts with pictures prove to be a very handy TODO list, please keep it up.
will do wyrmSmile
A picture is worth a thousand words, right mateLaugh

Quote:No, can have a look and see what I can do. Have already made a number of changes to the OSD (unfortunately a lot of it just will not show up on XBox. Cached level is very handy but only available on XBMC Eden)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
yes, i try it the other day it still show screenshot of the epsLaugh
hope you can add clearart suport fo next release

anyway..some sugesstion

1. something i just noticed, when i'm using custom background, fanart doesnt appear
    could you change it so that custom background doesnt override fanart suport ?
  2. any plan to change dvd case design?
    its hard to noticed any difference if i enabled dvd case with default theme

maybe you can change it like this

thanks wyrm
lipo Wrote:will do wyrmSmile
A picture is worth a thousand words, right mateLaugh
Well 783 to be exact, but who's countingBig Grin.

Quote:yes, i try it the other day it still show screenshot of the epsLaugh
hope you can add clearart suport fo next release
Just moved my dev system from Win XP to Win7 and am currently having issues with my SVN client. When I sort them out I have a number of changes ready to go into the google SVN. Main change that you would be interested in is the clearart support. Stay tuned.

Quote:anyway..some sugesstion
something i just noticed, when i'm using custom background, fanart doesnt appear could you change it so that custom background doesnt override fanart suport ?
Thinking about it that seems like a sensible sugestion, will look into it.
Quote:any plan to change dvd case design?
its hard to noticed any difference if i enabled dvd case with default theme

maybe you can change it like this
Sorry I have never seen a DVD sold in a case anything like that. I really don't like the in your face nature of that type of dvd case, so to this suggestion I would probably say no.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Just moved my dev system from Win XP to Win7 and am currently having issues with my SVN client. When I sort them out I have a number of changes ready to go into the google SVN. Main change that you would be interested in is the clearart support. Stay tuned.
Ok guys, figured out what the issue was with googlecode (and no I'm not telling, but pretty stupid).

Have successfully made a commit to googlecode SVN, so if you pull straight from the google SVN latest update is available now. Otherwise will be available from Passion repo in the next few hours when Passion does it's nightly update check.

As well as the Clearart update to OSD the custom background image is now working correctly (only show custom background image if no fanart image available). Please post here if this is NOT the case.

Still more work on horizontal home menu needs to happen, so sorry still no XBox updates at this stage. Will advise when XBox build is updated.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Really appreciate your efforts on the ol'Xbox mate! Wink
Geeba Wrote:Really appreciate your efforts on the ol'Xbox mate! Wink
Geeba,

Will support the old girl as long as I can. I actually think being constrained by memory usage and processor speed is helpful for reducing clutter in the skin. Trying to code the skin to run on the XBox has only make the skin better.

I'm still working towards getting v1.1.2 onto the XBox, just a little away yet.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Yep, fully agree Big Grin the memory constraint saves the usual 'code lob' that generally happens as hardware gets more powerful.

Wink
wyrm Wrote:Ok guys, figured out what the issue was with googlecode (and no I'm not telling, but pretty stupid).

Have successfully made a commit to googlecode SVN, so if you pull straight from the google SVN latest update is available now. Otherwise will be available from Passion repo in the next few hours when Passion does it's nightly update check.

As well as the Clearart update to OSD the custom background image is now working correctly (only show custom background image if no fanart image available). Please post here if this is NOT the case.

Still more work on horizontal home menu needs to happen, so sorry still no XBox updates at this stage. Will advise when XBox build is updated.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Geeba,

Will support the old girl as long as I can. I actually think being constrained by memory usage and processor speed is helpful for reducing clutter in the skin. Trying to code the skin to run on the XBox has only make the skin better.

I'm still working towards getting v1.1.2 onto the XBox, just a little away yet.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

cant wait for xbox svn updateBig Grin

about scroll bar
althought it showed,i cant use it on tv/movie info both cast & plot

cutout context menu
lipo Wrote:cant wait for xbox svn updateBig Grin
Getting close now, most of setting menu now looked after. Mainly the new horizontal home menu to pin down, still not happy with the code and the layout still needs some work.

Quote:about scroll bar

althought it showed,i cant use it on tv/movie info both cast & plot
OK, will take a look at it and see what I can do.
Quote:Image
cutout context menu
Not sure what you are trying to show me here sport?

BTW I think I have fixed the scrollbar issue with the visualisation setting menu but not sure. Could you please post me a screengrab / debug log of a session where you see the scrollbar problem (you first posted about this issue a couple of pages ago) so that I can make sure I am looking at the correct source file.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

NB - Lipo, fixed scrollbar issue on non xbox build. Will appear on next push to Googlecode SVN

First off, thanks so much for the work you've put into this skin. I recently migrated our TV's off of ATV1's to ATV2's and didn't want to have to re-teach my wife too much (moving from ATVFiles -> XBMC). Not to mention this skin is very light on the ATV2. It has proven to work well for us and she has yet to complain about things being too confusing (which says alot) Smile So, thanks for this

One thing I really like the text output (on the left side) in "Banner" view (it shows how many unwatched episodes, name, date, etc), but I like the selection display on "List2" (on right where it lists the names of the episodes).

So, I added the function to give me # of unwatched episodes from Banner xml to List2 and thought I'd share it: http://www.pastie.org/2666963. The file to modify is skin.xtv-saf/pal/View-List2.xml. Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but it seems to work.

Thanks again for the work and I look forward to the coming updates.

Thanks,
Bubba
bubbanc Wrote:First off, thanks so much for the work you've put into this skin... It has proven to work well for us and she has yet to complain about things being too confusing (which says alot) Smile So, thanks for this
Your welcome. Funny enough I use the don't confuse the missus metric on anything that I do to the skin.
Quote:One thing I really like the text output (on the left side) in "Banner" view (it shows how many unwatched episodes, name, date, etc), but I like the selection display on "List2" (on right where it lists the names of the episodes).

So, I added the function to give me # of unwatched episodes from Banner xml to List2 and thought I'd share it: http://www.pastie.org/2666963. The file to modify is skin.xtv-saf/pal/View-List2.xml. Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but it seems to work.
Looks fine to me. I'm really surprised that I have not seen more mods come thru for the skin. Watched/unwatched does not really figure in my kids minds, thus I have not really done much with this. Might have to take a look and see if I can squeeze unwatched info into the display.
Quote:Thanks again for the work and I look forward to the coming updates.

Thanks,
Bubba
Yep, still working on things, although not much getting done at the moment as the kids are on school holidays and I can't get near MY computer.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

NB - Bubba, just added unwatched count to List and List2 views. Will appear next time I do a push to my Googlecode SVN

• 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3