• 75(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
(2014-10-16, 06:22)wyrm Wrote: Doveman2,

Yep, I could, but the number of stupid bugs and glitches I seem to find would also imply that people just don't care enough to complain and/or point out the problems I see while working on the skin. I have one pair of eyes to spot the problems, how much difference would it make if I had a hundred (or ten, one surely one) addition pairs of eye to spot bugs.

It annoys the spit out of me to keep finding bugs that have been there for a while and not one "Hey Wyrm ya berk, you need ta fix this" messages. I'm not fishing for compliments (I would have certainly gone hungry long ago otherwise), its just the sucking vacuum on bug reports that steams my dumplings.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Maybe a lot of users don't know exactly what should be happening, so aren't aware that it's doing something different than it should be and thus should be reported as a bug, whereas as the skin designer, you know exactly what should happen, so will spot when it doesn't.

For myself, most of the time I was running xTV-SAF on Gotham when it wasn't strictly compatible, so even if I noticed any bugs I wouldn't report them as I'd assume it was due to that and if I choose to run a non-compatible skin I'd just have to put up with any little issues I might encounter. I might actually downgrade my brother and myself back to Gotham now though, so that we can keep using xTV-SAF properly until Helix goes into beta and (hopefully) you decide to update the skin to be compatible with that. I like to get the benefit of the constant tweaks that come with the test builds but probably Gotham stable is pretty good and we were using Gotham test builds until fairly recently and I think had pretty much everything we needed working acceptably. I tend to avoid using online streaming addons on the RPi as it's just tedious waiting for it each time I want to drill down a level but for local media playback it's fine (online radio isn't too bad either, as I can set favourite stations and access them quite quickly).
Hello wyrm,

I have been looking which seems like for ever for the perfect skin for XBMC and I am happy to say that xTV SAF is the best yet by far!

However I do have a few issues with it.

1. When using icon view on home page the Videos folder does not show.

2. When a movie or TV show is marked as watched there is no check mark next to the title. I would really like this.

3. I would like a Home button maybe in the bottom right corner on all screens so you can get back to the home page easily from any location.

4. I would like to see for example "Now Playing Arrow 3x1 720P Dolby Digital 5.1" on the OSD when watching TV shows and Movies. Please add this.

5. Can show HD or SD on Movies and TV Shows titles in List View.

6. At random times when launching XBMC my mouse cursor is missing with the xTV SAF skin.

Also is there anyway to play all videos in my favorites list one after the other instead of it stopping after each video?

If you can make these changes xTV SAF would be 100% perfect Smile

Thanks Smile
(2014-10-16, 23:36)gate1975mlm Wrote: Hello wyrm,

I have been looking which seems like for ever for the perfect skin for XBMC and I am happy to say that xTV SAF is the best yet by far!

However I do have a few issues with it.
Now that is what I am talking about. Gate1975mlm will work my way thru the list and see what we can do for you

Quote:1. When using icon view on home page the Videos folder does not show.
Ok, sound like a bug on my part, will take a look and fix

Quote:2. When a movie or TV show is marked as watched there is no check mark next to the title. I would really like this.
In the General tab of the skin settings menu, turn on "Use watched state overlays". Should show a blue dot for unwatched and a half dot for partly watched.

Quote:3. I would like a Home button maybe in the bottom right corner on all screens so you can get back to the home page easily from any location.
Interesting idea, will consider it if I can work it into the skin in a seamless manner.

Quote:4. I would like to see for example "Now Playing Arrow 3x1 720P Dolby Digital 5.1" on the OSD when watching TV shows and Movies. Please add this.
Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but surely you know what you are playing? Having said that if you show the info part of the full screen video display the info you want is shown there.

Quote:5. Can show HD or SD on Movies and TV Shows titles in List View.
If I can add this without major issue will look at it

Quote:6. At random times when launching XBMC my mouse cursor is missing with the xTV SAF skin.
First of all skin is meant for playing on a large screen with a remote, not a PC with a mouse. There are certain parts of the skin that are just not accessible with a mouse and to make it any different would basically gut the skin of its customisation ability and usability. By all rights I should just do as a number of other skins do and change the pointer to a message that mouse is not supported.

Now if you want to still use the skin with a mouse, that's fine, but you are on your own on that one. As a side matter, the only time I turn off the mouse pointer is on the startup screen. Any other time that the mouse pointer disappears is controlled by XBMC (basically it will only show for a short time after you stop moving the mouse, then XBMC will fade the pointer until you next move the mouse) and so not under my control when it disappears.

Quote:Also is there anyway to play all videos in my favorites list one after the other instead of it stopping after each video?

If you can make these changes xTV SAF would be 100% perfect Smile

Thanks Smile
Not sure about this one, I will need to look into if this is possible and how you could make it happen.

So In short, will look at the bugs you mentioned(thank you, those are the type of bugs I need others to point out to me), and consider the other requests other than the pointer issue.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi wrym and thanks for the feedback Smile

Another bug I found is even when you disable "Weather in home menu" in the settings it's still shown on the home menu when using icon view.

Also what do you mean when you say "show the info part of the full screen video display the info you want is shown there.?

Thanks Smile
(2014-10-18, 00:26)gate1975mlm Wrote: Hi wrym and thanks for the feedback Smile

Another bug I found is even when you disable "Weather in home menu" in the settings it's still shown on the home menu when using icon view.

Also what do you mean when you say "show the info part of the full screen video display the info you want is shown there.?

Thanks Smile
gate1975mlm,

Video section not showing in Icon Home menu now fixed (see Passion repo for latest download).

Weather in home menu, seems fine from my end. You have not turned on "Show current weather on home screen" in the "Home screen" section of the skin settings, as that will also show the weather icon on the Icon Home screen (and also the Weather heading on Horizontal home screen) due to the way I have had to implement this feature in these two home menu types.

Finally on the screen that you see when the video is playing if you press "O" you will see the live codex info at the top of the screen. If you press"I" you will see additional info at the bottom of the screen on the playing video (a short synopsis, video coding details etc.). And finally if you press "M" you see the OSD with buttons to control playback of the video.

All standard XBMC stuff (should work in every skin) that I have no control over in the skin (I just get to decided what each of these parts of the screen looks like).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2014-10-22, 06:26)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 00:26)gate1975mlm Wrote: Hi wrym and thanks for the feedback Smile

Thanks Smile
gate1975mlm,

Video section not showing in Icon Home menu now fixed (see Passion repo for latest download).

Weather in home menu, seems fine from my end. You have not turned on "Show current weather on home screen" in the "Home screen" section of the skin settings, as that will also show the weather icon on the Icon Home screen (and also the Weather heading on Horizontal home screen) due to the way I have had to implement this feature in these two home menu types.

Finally on the screen that you see when the video is playing if you press "O" you will see the live codex info at the top of the screen. If you press"I" you will see additional info at the bottom of the screen on the playing video (a short synopsis, video coding details etc.). And finally if you press "M" you see the OSD with buttons to control playback of the video.

All standard XBMC stuff (should work in every skin) that I have no control over in the skin (I just get to decided what each of these parts of the screen looks like).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

The Passion repo will not install on Gotham which is what I am using.
(2014-10-22, 22:36)gate1975mlm Wrote: The Passion repo will not install on Gotham which is what I am using.
gate1975,

Works just fine on my AppleTV running 13.2, in fact I downloaded the latest build of skin to the AppleTV today with no problems. An alternate way to grab something from Passion repo is to go here and change the page to "sort by downloads". xTV-SAF will be the third or fourth item displayed. Click the entry for the skin and then scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a button to download the skin there. Download the zip file and copy it to your system somewhere that you can find it, then go into the Addons menu and install from zip.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2014-10-23, 15:08)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 22:36)gate1975mlm Wrote: The Passion repo will not install on Gotham which is what I am using.
gate1975,

Works just fine on my AppleTV running 13.2, in fact I downloaded the latest build of skin to the AppleTV today with no problems. An alternate way to grab something from Passion repo is to go here and change the page to "sort by downloads". xTV-SAF will be the third or fourth item displayed. Click the entry for the skin and then scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a button to download the skin there. Download the zip file and copy it to your system somewhere that you can find it, then go into the Addons menu and install from zip.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks I was finally able to get the updated xTV-SAF version installed by doing what you said.

Thanks for thew info.
Please forgive me if I am in the wrong post but new to XBMC, I'm using Xtv-saf skin on Gotham 13.2, love it but getting tired of changing every view from "Banner" to list.

Is there a way to default the Banner view to List view to save me having to change it manually for each addon I go on?

Much appreciated everybody
(2014-11-06, 16:06)tomb140353 Wrote: Please forgive me if I am in the wrong post but new to XBMC, I'm using Xtv-saf skin on Gotham 13.2, love it but getting tired of changing every view from "Banner" to list.

Is there a way to default the Banner view to List view to save me having to change it manually for each addon I go on?

'tomb140353',

Sorry it's a know problem that I'm having with the skin, and yes it annoys the spit out of me as well (trying to find a solution to the problem but it eludes me at the present time). By rights as I have declared the List view as the first view in the video section it SHOULD therefore be the default view that is selected. That's the theory, but does not seem to be working in practice. About the only thing I think might be happening is that the scripts are using their own default view number and stomping on my ordering of my views.

If like me you don't particularly like this view, you could try going into the skins directory and in the 720p sub directory changing the name of the include file (View-VideoBanner.xml) to something different so that the system can't find it (maybe View-VideoBanner-old.xml ).

Give that a try and report back here how you get on with that.

Wyrm (xTV-SA)

(2014-11-07, 08:06)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-11-06, 16:06)tomb140353 Wrote: Please forgive me if I am in the wrong post but new to XBMC, I'm using Xtv-saf skin on Gotham 13.2, love it but getting tired of changing every view from "Banner" to list.

'tomb140353',

Sorry it's a know problem that I'm having with the skin, and yes it annoys the spit out of me as well (trying to find a solution to the problem but it eludes me at the present time). By rights as I have declared the List view as the first view in the video section it SHOULD therefore be the default view that is selected. That's the theory, but does not seem to be working in practice. About the only thing I think might be happening is that the scripts are using their own default view number and stomping on my ordering of my views.

If like me you don't particularly like this view, you could try going into the skins directory and in the 720p sub directory changing the name of the include file (View-VideoBanner.xml) to something different so that the system can't find it (maybe View-VideoBanner-old.xml ).

Give that a try and report back here how you get on with that.

Wyrm (xTV-SA)

This seems to work for me .Thanks! I love this skin.Using it on a HTPC,a Boxee and Still using it on the 'ol Xbox aswell
(2014-11-28, 20:58)spinnersp Wrote: This seems to work for me .Thanks! I love this skin.Using it on a HTPC,a Boxee and Still using it on the 'ol Xbox aswell

Works for me too thanks wyrm.

Are you looking at a Helix-compatible version now that it's gone into beta? I've been told they're hoping to release some updates to the firmware that will improve the analog audio output quality, which will be great for my brother who's only got an old CRT TV and is stuck using the composite and analog outputs but xTV-SAF is the only skin that's really usable on his TV (mind you, I still prefer it and use it on my 50" Plasma), so he can't upgrade unless he can keep using your skin.
(2014-12-06, 02:43)doveman2 Wrote:
(2014-11-28, 20:58)spinnersp Wrote: This seems to work for me .Thanks! I love this skin.Using it on a HTPC,a Boxee and Still using it on the 'ol Xbox aswell

Works for me too thanks wyrm.

Are you looking at a Helix-compatible version now that it's gone into beta? I've been told they're hoping to release some updates to the firmware that will improve the analog audio output quality, which will be great for my brother who's only got an old CRT TV and is stuck using the composite and analog outputs but xTV-SAF is the only skin that's really usable on his TV (mind you, I still prefer it and use it on my 50" Plasma), so he can't upgrade unless he can keep using your skin.

Doveman2,

Maybe a little searching might give you some clues on the answer to your question. Or maybe not ;-)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I don't know what you're trying to say. You previously said "Helix build will be worked on when Kodi hits Beta status as Kodi is still changing quite a lot at this stage" but subsequently said you might not bother due to your perception of lack of interest in this skin.

So I enquired about your current plans but if you'd rather play silly games I guess I'll leave you to it!
anything on this skin for Kodi?
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3