• 40(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
wyrm Wrote:bubbanc,

Well first of all sport, you are running a nightly (pre-Eden) version of XBMC you might as well be running the nightly version of the skin. 1.1.1 was written very early in the pre-Eden series and so is missing a LOT of changes to the skin to keep it current with the nightlies. One of the biggest changes to XBMC was to drop the idea of file/library mode. Now files are just one of the nodes in the library (there is no File mode anymore, but you can still look at files thru the library). Really you have two choices, downgrade XBMC to Dhrama 10.1 or upgrade the skin to v1.1.2. See the first post of this thread for details on how to load 1.1.2 version of the skin via the Passion repo.

As a side note, at this stage I'm almost 100% positive that there will NOT be a 1.1.2 version of the skin for Dharma. Eden is now in feature freeze and is likely to come out sometime around the formal release of the skin. That and there have been a LOT of changes to the skinning engine that would mean that there would be a LOT of work to make the current skin compatible with Dharma.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ahh, thanks man. Sorry for all the newb questions. Running the version from SVN now. I like the horizontal menu; only thing missing that I can tell is that the current temp doesn't show at the top with the time (even though its enabled). Temp does show if I enable weather and navigate to weather (but I never navigate there; I'd just like to see the temp when on the home screen). I also cannot seem to add a custom add-on (Pandora) as I did in 1.1.1. When I go to select media source, I don't see Pandora (only HGTV and Youtube). I was able to copy the settings from guisettings.xml from the non-svn version and this sort-of works. Pandora now shows under Music->Add-ons and not in it's own menu; it even shows the Music folder even though I didn't select it in home folder settings (Pandora does get it's own entry and Music menu does not show if I disable horizontal menu). Not a biggie, and at least I can get to Files Smile

BTW, another way to get to Files is to add a Favorite (you probably know this, but others may not). Just add this to favourites.xml. (I assume this works for everyone):
Code:
<favourite name="Files" thumb="DefaultFolder.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;sources://video/&quot;)</favourite>

Thanks again for your work on this and sorry for taking all my xbmc-newbness out on your thread Wink !
Brian
bubbanc Wrote:Ahh, thanks man. Sorry for all the newb questions. Running the version from SVN now. I like the horizontal menu; only thing missing that I can tell is that the current temp doesn't show at the top with the time (even though its enabled). Temp does show if I enable weather and navigate to weather (but I never navigate there; I'd just like to see the temp when on the home screen). I also cannot seem to add a custom add-on (Pandora) as I did in 1.1.1. When I go to select media source, I don't see Pandora (only HGTV and Youtube). I was able to copy the settings from guisettings.xml from the non-svn version and this sort-of works. Pandora now shows under Music->Add-ons and not in it's own menu; it even shows the Music folder even though I didn't select it in home folder settings (Pandora does get it's own entry and Music menu does not show if I disable horizontal menu). Not a biggie, and at least I can get to Files Smile
bubbanc,

Horizontal menu is a work in progress. I don't really like it as I think it is not very child friendly, but the information density is much higher than vertical menu. That said it's this high information density that will make it next to impossible to show weather info as on vertical menu (just no room to show it anywhere).

Yes, I know about the plugin issue for favourite addons (hint at the moment if you use the first slot of custom addons you can assign that to a plugin, which I think Pandora is). Thinking on how best to handle assigning scripts or plugins to the custom menu postions, so this will no doubt change as I go along. Still playing with the horizontal menu, so there will be changes to this as well. Thinking about it I will add a 'Video' entry to the vertical home menu so that you could entry file node of library from there.

Still adding features for v1.1.2 release and still playing with features that are currently there, so skin is still in a bit of a state of flux. Hopefully will settle down soon.

Quote:BTW, another way to get to Files is to add a Favorite (you probably know this, but others may not). Just add this to favourites.xml. (I assume this works for everyone):
Code:
<favourite name="Files" thumb="DefaultFolder.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;sources://video/&quot;)</favourite>
Thanks again for your work on this and sorry for taking all my xbmc-newbness out on your thread Wink !
Brian
Yes I did consider mentioning this but was not sure if people where up for it. You might have noticed that I have provided a number of smart playlists to filter what is shown in the library. Not sure, but I think you could also setup a playlist to do the same. Maybe a side project for you to go investigate the smart playlists and see just what you can filter on.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
hi wyrm
looking forward for next releaseSmile
about Horizontal menu, is that similar to wrap view ??
lipo Wrote:hi wyrm
looking forward for next releaseSmile
about Horizontal menu, is that similar to wrap view ??
lipo,

No not really, more like this . Still a work in progress and also the main reason that I have not ported to XBox yet. When I have something that I am happy with will port the whole lot over to XBox. Too many differences between Eden and XBox to keep making changes for both platforms, so I intend to do the required changes once (as if, but a guy can dream)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

wyrm,

Quick question. I turned on the TV this morning and XBMC was stuck in screensaver dim mode and wouldn't get out of it; not a big deal because I know I can restart XBMC to fix this. When I was navigating around, the highlighted/selected item worked normally on the main menu, but when I go to Movies or TV Shows, I could no longer see what show or directory was highlighted; as I moved around I could see the show description/image change, but the show was not highlighting. I tried restarting XBMC, toggling skins, everything and could not fix the issue. I went back to non-SVN version and the highlights were back. It's really bizarre that the highlighted/selected items worked for Settings menu, and all the settings, just not for TV Shows (or sub dirs thereof) or Movies.

Any ideas on this on? I know it's bizarre. SVN was working fine up until last night. Nothing changed on my end; running a nightly from October. I was thinking there may be some image cache I needed to blow away, but couldn't find anything digging around. Let me know if you want me to take a picture so you can see what I mean.

Thanks,
Brian
bubbanc Wrote:wyrm,

Quick question. I turned on the TV this morning and XBMC was stuck in screensaver dim mode and wouldn't get out of it; not a big deal because I know I can restart XBMC to fix this. When I was navigating around, the highlighted/selected item worked normally on the main menu, but when I go to Movies or TV Shows, I could no longer see what show or directory was highlighted; as I moved around I could see the show description/image change, but the show was not highlighting. I tried restarting XBMC, toggling skins, everything and could not fix the issue. I went back to non-SVN version and the highlights were back. It's really bizarre that the highlighted/selected items worked for Settings menu, and all the settings, just not for TV Shows (or sub dirs thereof) or Movies.

Any ideas on this on? I know it's bizarre. SVN was working fine up until last night. Nothing changed on my end; running a nightly from October. I was thinking there may be some image cache I needed to blow away, but couldn't find anything digging around. Let me know if you want me to take a picture so you can see what I mean.

Thanks,
Brian
Brian,

Sorry mate, only affects List2 view, all other views are fine. Suggest that you change to 'List' view for the moment and I will have it fixed for tomorrow mornings Passion repo pull.

This problem came about as I was messing with the views to get over a problem where multiple views were showing at the same time under certain circumstances. For some reason either notepad++ or Tortoise SVN lost the change that I made to 'List2' view. Thanks for the heads up on this.

BTW, what do you think of the other changes that I have been making to the skin? Most of the changes are to make the move to horizontal home menu less of a problem (no don't panic, vertical home menu will still be the default). Pretty sure I now know how I will proceed with the horizontal home menu (just need some time to code it up). Hopefully I am now getting towards the end of coding new release. Is there anything else that you think may be missing from what the skin should be doing?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

hi there, congratulations for this skin!!!. Hi had recently just installed yesterday to check it. During a couple of weeks I was searching for a skin with fonts big enough to read clear the info movie, and for me this is one of the best options. I'm using a small hd tv 26" and when I tried to read the info movies; the fonts in most of the skins are not big enough if you are 2 or 3 meters away.

Also, just a couple of questions:
how can I change the icons in the home menu? There are a couple of skins that have a very nice icons : Alaska mod (when you change the default menu) and Rapier.

2nd questions: How can I add a new view option?

There is one view called Big Poster in Cirrus skin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqqHFzrAXnw that I like it very much. It show a big poster with a clear fanart area
When you scroll the movies, if you press down or up key it displays a small plot with the info of the movie.

Also, I aplogize for my poor English, I'm a spanish user
I just updated to the latest version and I can't get fanart to show up in any view.
htpcrelic Wrote:I just updated to the latest version and I can't get fanart to show up in any view.
htpcrelic,

Sorry not sure what happened there as I'm pretty sure I have not touched the background image stuff for a while. Any rate problem with a visible condition which I have fixed. Will appear in Passion repo next time I do a push to my SVN. Can't say at the moment when that will happen as I am working on the new horizontal home menu and it's a bit of a mess. Hopefully in a day or so.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on this bug.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

joselbcn33 Wrote:hi there, congratulations for this skin!!!. Hi had recently just installed yesterday to check it. During a couple of weeks I was searching for a skin with fonts big enough to read clear the info movie, and for me this is one of the best options. I'm using a small hd tv 26" and when I tried to read the info movies; the fonts in most of the skins are not big enough if you are 2 or 3 meters away.
joselbcn33, strangely enough I am running this skin at home for the family on our AppleTV running into a 26" LG.
Quote:Also, just a couple of questions:
how can I change the icons in the home menu? There are a couple of skins that have a very nice icons : Alaska mod (when you change the default menu) and Rapier.
Either have to get into the Includes_Home.xml file in the skins 720p directory and change to what files each menu item points to. This is not a real good long term solution, as I am currently working on this file to add a horizontal home menu to the skin, so the next push to the Passion repo will wipe out your changes.

The other much better solution is to either checkout the skin themes that I have available thru the skins theme loader script or make your own theme. To make a theme you will need to know the names of the files that you want to replace, name your replacement files to the same name. And then using texturepacker pack up the require files into a .xpr file. So basically you point texturepacker at a directory containing all the new image files and it outputs a .xpr file that you then copy to the skins /media directory. Once the file is in the right directory you will need to go to the Appearance settings menu and select the new theme.
Quote:2nd questions: How can I add a new view option?

There is one view called Big Poster in Cirrus skin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqqHFzrAXnw that I like it very much. It show a big poster with a clear fanart area
When you scroll the movies, if you press down or up key it displays a small plot with the info of the movie.

Also, I aplogize for my poor English, I'm a spanish user
Short answer, a whole shit load of work.

Long answer, you will need to edit the xml file from Cirrus so that the id number of the view is either 53, 55 or 56 as they are the only ones free in my skin (will also need to change ALL of the reference to that id number within the xml file). There is an alternative to the previous step, you will instead need to add a <views> statement to the top of the MyVideoNav.xml file. This statement will need to include ALL of the views ids (so 50,51,52,54,57,58,59 and the id number of your new view). Next you then need to add the reference to the xml file to the top of the includes.xml file in my skin. Then you need to include a <include> statement in the MyVideoNav.xml file that points to your new view xml file. And finally you need to make sure that there are no id clashes with the skin and your new views xml file. As I said a shit load of work. Oh BTW, you will need to add these changes to the skin every time I make any changes to MyVideoNav.xml or includes.xml as my changes will wipe out yours.

Does the List or List2 views not already give you basically what you want?
If not, what do you think is missing?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Dear wyrm,

Thank you for reply so fast.

1.- I was trying to say that your skin is the only one which allows me to read clear all info movies.

2.- About the icons and the option view:

Hard job to do !!! Well I do not know to use any of the programs for modify xlm files ( I will search for any tutorial).

The list view and list view 2 are good options, but I never like the list views. I like the Big Poster view because, when you are scrolling to point you in which movie are you, it change the poster to a big poster while the other ones are smaller. So I was thinking that could be a good view for all that people that use your skin in special with 4:3 tv
joselbcn33 Wrote:Dear wyrm,

Thank you for reply so fast.

1.- I was trying to say that your skin is the only one which allows me to read clear all info movies.
First and foremost it is what the skin is about, clear and easy to understand. I love the eye candy of a number of the other skins out there, but mostly I (and the family) prefer a simple uncluttered gui so that we can do what XBMC is designed to do (watch movies). Just think, you spend maybe 5 minutes looking for something to watch and then 90 minutes watching it. Anything that gets in the way of than probably should not be there. Thus the big fonts and sparse information (if you need more info, it is just a remote press away).
Quote:2.- About the icons and the option view:

Hard job to do !!! Well I do not know to use any of the programs for modify xlm files ( I will search for any tutorial).

The list view and list view 2 are good options, but I never like the list views. I like the Big Poster view because, when you are scrolling to point you in which movie are you, it change the poster to a big poster while the other ones are smaller. So I was thinking that could be a good view for all that people that use your skin in special with 4:3 tv
All you need is a text editor to change the code and the skinning manual on the XBMC wiki to see what each of the tags do and you are 90% of the way there (oh, and a fair bit of free time). As I said in previous message, what you are asking for would take a fair amount of time that would be better spent fixing other issues. That and to me it does not really fit in with what I think the skin's look and feel is. But as I said, skinning is not hard (mainly, sometimes can be a bit difficult coming up with ways to get around what XBMC thinks you should be doing), mainly time consuming.

Please by all means mess with things to your hearts content (that is basically how I got started), just understand that sometimes my vision of what the skin should do and others don't overlap.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

its been a while but i finnaly get to buy high def tv
720p works amazing but 1080i a bit slow, but thats probably because xbox limitationSmile

thanks wyrm
lipo Wrote:its been a while but i finnaly get to buy high def tv
720p works amazing but 1080i a bit slow, but thats probably because xbox limitationSmile

thanks wyrm
Lipo,

Welcome to the 21st Century. Sorry for the apparent lack of progress on the new version of the skin. Just need to sort out one last remaining problem and then I will upload a version of the skin to my svn for the xbox. Pretty sure you and others will enjoy the improvements to the skin.

To others waiting on a number of bug fixes for the Eden version of the skin, patience. They are coming, just unfortunately I have the skin in a state locally that is not particularly stable. Will hopefully have things sorted soon.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

htpcrelic Wrote:I just updated to the latest version and I can't get fanart to show up in any view.
htpcrelic,

Just made a push to my svn fixing this problem. I just managed to squeak in before the 2am Paris time cutoff for the Passion Repo so it should be available right NOW. Still working on new Horizontal Home menu which I did not push to my googlecode SVN so there maybe a few little issues. If there is any major problems try the Rollback button on the addon screen to rollback to a previous version of the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

• 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3