XBMC new release status?
Hi all,

I just wanted to know the current status of the XBMC release. is it going to be launched on October, 25th? are betas versions going to be released?

Thanks in advance
Releasing on 25th October won't happen as there were too many massive changes lately.
We're working hard to get the new point release out as fast as we can. No dates yet, sorry Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok, thanks for the update and good luck with all the changes...I hope they won't take too long
Thanks. We will keep you posted. Make sure to watch the news on xbmc.org.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
In this new release, will there be many improvements related to the ION boards?

The reason I ask, is that it's a great hardware platform; however, I'm holding off on buying any additional ION's because XBMC has many issues with the initial setup I deployed. For example, as it relates to the IR not working after suspending it once, and there are some issues related to sound output.

If not, is there a way to submit these for a bounty?

Thank you in advance!
rusten Wrote:In this new release, will there be many improvements related to the ION boards?

The reason I ask, is that it's a great hardware platform; however, I'm holding off on buying any additional ION's because XBMC has many issues with the initial setup I deployed. For example, as it relates to the IR not working after suspending it once, and there are some issues related to sound output.

No, there will be no ION related improvements as XBMC is already working fine on it. The suspend issue is Linux only and quite easy to solve.

rusten Wrote:If not, is there a way to submit these for a bounty?

TBH, without actually running it on the ION platform, how do you know of those issues? Please name them in detail.
rusten Wrote:In this new release, will there be many improvements related to the ION boards?

If not, is there a way to submit these for a bounty?

Thank you in advance!

Im running XBMC on WinXP with latest SVN XBMC and i dont have any problems, hdmi sound spdif all work fine. The bugged S3/S4 usb wakeup is a bios problem of my zotac board, but except from this everything is working just fine. What board u have and are u running on linux?
As alternative did u try hibernate S4 vs S3, this solved some problems for me, but for the to zotac boards its a know hardware/bios problem.
@Andy2222 -- Thanks for the reply! I have the ZOTAC IONITX-C-U N230 Mini ITX ION (Atom). I'm running XBMC Live Babylon (Turnkey Linux Boot via USB Stick) w/NVIDIA updates.

Perhaps my issue with sound is this same BIOS issue you ran into. Although I had searched extensively, I had only found Linux workarounds that I was unable to accomplish, not being a Linux guy.

In this case, can you tell me whether going from S4 to S3 fixed the problem for you, or do you continue to have the issue? Does this problem exist in all Zortac boards?

Quote:@VDRFAN- No, there will be no ION related improvements as XBMC is already working fine on it. The suspend issue is Linux only and quite easy to solve.

If it's the BIOS setting mentioned above, I understand. However, if it's something under Linux that can be adjusted in the build, that would be a great help.

As a side note, will there be a point where sound is available through the HDMI on the ION boards, or is this a hardware limitation?

Thank you in advance!
Sounds works fine for me through HDMI on my Zotac board.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
@tslayer -- HDMI audio works, and the only thing you've done is add this to the config (~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml):

<audiodevice>hdmi</audiodevice>
<passthroughdevice>hdmi</passthroughdevice>

Or was it something else that enabled it?

I once read about a more complex process to fix ALSA, and I was completely lost on what to do with that.
vdrfan Wrote:No, there will be no ION related improvements as XBMC is already working fine on it. The suspend issue is Linux only and quite easy to solve.

I'm very interested in following XBMC development more closely as I like to do open source audio programming. Where does most discussion about these things take place? IRC, mailing list ?
rusten Wrote:@tslayer -- HDMI audio works, and the only thing you've done is add this to the config (~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml):

<audiodevice>hdmi</audiodevice>
<passthroughdevice>hdmi</passthroughdevice>

Or was it something else that enabled it?

I once read about a more complex process to fix ALSA, and I was completely lost on what to do with that.

Plenty of threads on what to do. Pretty sure you need newer alsa.

Please search. The threads have step by step.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Quote:Please search. The threads have step by step.

I didn't come up with the config changes I posted on my own, those were FROM a search. I've searched several times. I've never come up with a definitive/straightforward fix. The ones I've tried (such as what I posted above), did not work.

This is precisely why I was asking the question; whether the next release of XBMC would have provisions made so that we wouldn't have to get down-and-dirty to get it to run on the ION. I ask for the entire reason of not wanting to get bashed for not searching, which happens in every event where someone asks a question that they have searched, and not found the appropriate answer -- someone with far more experience writes a reply suggesting they haven't searched, and therefore, they aren't worthy of receiving an answer.

It would be so much easier if I could have received a reply to the specific question where I quoted the config file changes, or reasoning on why this wouldn't be improved as part of the next official release, so I could understand better.
Most likely Karmic won't require it as it will probably contain the version of ALSA that is required.

Also, the changes you did are not sufficient if you are using current releases of ubuntu. As mentioned, in the other threads, you probably need to recompile ALSA.

saratoga Wrote:I'm very interested in following XBMC development more closely as I like to do open source audio programming. Where does most discussion about these things take place? IRC, mailing list ?

Best way to follow the development progress is by monitoring the changesets at sf.net/projects/xbmc or xbmc.org/trac and by idling in our IRC channels on freenode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC new release status?0