Animation changes on recent builds
Giving this a new thread, as i guess it's not so interesting for users telling their experiences on recent builds, but skinners might want to have a look to: (jonathan, i hope it's ok to quote you again here)

jmarshall Wrote:Animations work just as they always have.

you're sure about that?

as we use "flip animation" (our name for y-rotating of an info window) in our showmix mod whenever a user triggers to play a movie trailer, on recent builds it does not work for playmedia.

this is the code we use:

PHP Code:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="Player.HasVideo"  reversible="true">
<
effect type="rotatey" center="465" start="0" end="180" time="800"  delay="0"/>
</
animation
now, here's a video that shows how it is intended to work:
Flip animation working on SVN 22528

and here another one where you see what happens on a recent svn:
Flip animation NOT working on SVN 23592

You can see as soon as the user triggers playing the trailer, the flip animation is no longer proceeding. It works good for the stop animation, but not for trigger of playmedia. looks like the "time" entry of effect rotatey (time needed for getting from start to end) simply gets ignored upon trigger of playmedia. this is my conclusion as of watching the second attempt to play a trailer, where you can see the animation effect starts, but gets interrupted too fast.

Also what i saw on a recent DX build (23658 still has it):

This is one code we use for scrolling plot in a textbox:

<autoscroll delay="15000" time="3000" repeat="10000">Skin.HasSetting(allowscroll)</autoscroll>

Again, the time setting seems to react different now - scrolling is slower and looks like it's shivering while scrolling compared to SVN22516 where it just scrolls smooth. if i set time to 5000 or maybe 6000, i will get the same effect in SVN22516. Dunno if that's an issue of the current DX build, though.
cheers,azido :;):
Have you compared GL from that same revision?

I suggest the DX version is locking the graphics context on startup of the video, thus the entire frame is actually frozen for a second or so while the video starts. Hence, when the animation gets to go, it's actually already finished.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Have you compared GL from that same revision?

I suggest the DX version is locking the graphics context on startup of the video, thus the entire frame is actually frozen for a second or so while the video starts. Hence, when the animation gets to go, it's actually already finished.

sounds logical on first sight, but: andyblac is using recent builds on a MAC where the only rendering method is GL when it comes to xbmc..

and he has the same "effect".

i did not try gl version as i still get that black block on top, but i could just to verify that animation.

anything we can do here? like adding a startup delay in front of trailer playing?
Yes, adding a startup delay to the trailer playing is your only option with respect to this.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Yes, adding a startup delay to the trailer playing is your only option with respect to this.

ok, and how could i do this? i see no delay option for that trigger. and i wonder about the condition the animation will need to have then, as "Player.HasMedia" will still only start as soon as there IS running media..

forgive me if that sounds kinda noobish.. just trying to catch the change that appeared between 22516/22528 and now.

right now the animation is controlled by Player.HasMedia. i wonder if OnFocus can do two things after each other instead: first do the flip, then start the trailer. possible?
ok, now we changed the condition that triggers the flip animation. it's no longer based on Player.HasMedia.

instead, it now uses Control.HasFocus for the key we assigned to play the trailer. Code is like this:

Code:
<animation type="Conditional" condition="[Control.IsVisible(550)+Control.HasFocus(608)]" reversible="true">
     <effect type="rotatey" center="640" start="0" end="180" time="800" delay="0"/>
    </animation>
and code for the "keypress" is

Code:
<control type="button" id="608">
    <visible>![Window.IsActive(500)|Window.IsActive(501)|Window.IsActive(502)]+[Container.Content(movies) + Skin.HasSetting(movietrailers) + !Player.Playing + !Skin.HasSetting(MovieInfoPopupoff) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer)]</visible>
    <onleft>7000</onleft>
    <onright>611</onright>
    <onup>550</onup>
    <ondown>550</ondown>
    <onfocus>PlayMedia($INFO
[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</onfocus>
   </control>
what we would need now is a delay assigned to that PlayMedia commandline in the onfocus portion of the code. then we could set the delay to "800" in our example so both (the flip and the trailer playing) get started by one keypress, but trailer starts after the flip has been done.

please tell me that it's possible Rolleyes

edit: btw: just tested 23658 GL - no black bar anymore for my ati setup - great work, guys!
~bump~

jonathan, sorry if i'm annoying, but i really would like to get that sorted.

can you do a statement if that delay for playmedia is already possible or needs a codechange in svn?

for the latter, are you willing to implement a delay feature?

2 things come into my mind..
1. delay option for onfocus: <onfocus delay="800">
2. delay option for playmedia command: PlayMedia($INFO
[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume,startupdelay=800)

is it possible at all? if yes, i'm going to add a ticket so you won't forget about that..

thing is, we would really like to keep that flip animation, as it adds another "WOW" factor to our skin Wink
You still haven't said for sure whether it happens on both GL and DX builds.

jmarshall Wrote:You still haven't said for sure whether it happens on both GL and DX builds.

ok: yes, it happens on both builds Rolleyes

just to make sure, tested on both 23796 DX and 23796 GL win builds by kricker five minutes ago. exact same behaviour.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animation changes on recent builds0