LATM-AAC enable for Windows
Smile 
Hi all,

Just to let you know I've added a ticket on Trac to enable LATM-AAC decoding for Windows platforms. The feature was added a few weeks/months ago but only worked for Linux as part of the requirement for it to work was that libfaad be compiled into ffmpeg. Because the build system is slightly different for Windows over Linux this wasn't happening hence it wasn't working on Windows builds. Hopefully this patch will enable ffmpeg to be compiled with the correct options to make this work.

I'm not a programmer just a average hacker at best so my solution may be a little rough around the edges. So here are a couple of things which I think are potential areas to improve the code:

1. the libfaad code needs to be patched to compile for windows using mingw. The source I used for this is: http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/wiki/index.php?title=Faad

because this patch would probably wreck compiles for linux I've made a shell script to build it for Windows. It replaces the required files with ones from a backup and compiles then replaces those with the originals from backup. The script is very straight forward so I won't go into any more detail. Tidier ways to do this might be for the shell to apply the patch then reverse it or to add extra config arguments which direct the compiler to use other files than the defaults.

2. when libfaad is compiled it copies the compiled code to the /mingw folder. I did this because I couldn't find the right configure arguments to pass to ffmpeg to get it to find libfaad libraries and headers. I think the required arguments are '--extra-ldflags' but all variations I could think of didn't work.

Anyway this is my first contribution back to the open-source community so it feels good. Smile
pico1234 Wrote:Hi all,

Just to let you know I've added a ticket on Trac to enable LATM-AAC decoding for Windows platforms. The feature was added a few weeks/months ago but only worked for Linux as part of the requirement for it to work was that libfaad be compiled into ffmpeg. Because the build system is slightly different for Windows over Linux this wasn't happening hence it wasn't working on Windows builds. Hopefully this patch will enable ffmpeg to be compiled with the correct options to make this work.

I'm not a programmer just a average hacker at best so my solution may be a little rough around the edges. So here are a couple of things which I think are potential areas to improve the code:

1. the libfaad code needs to be patched to compile for windows using mingw. The source I used for this is: http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/wiki/index.php?title=Faad

because this patch would probably wreck compiles for linux I've made a shell script to build it for Windows. It replaces the required files with ones from a backup and compiles then replaces those with the originals from backup. The script is very straight forward so I won't go into any more detail. Tidier ways to do this might be for the shell to apply the patch then reverse it or to add extra config arguments which direct the compiler to use other files than the defaults.

2. when libfaad is compiled it copies the compiled code to the /mingw folder. I did this because I couldn't find the right configure arguments to pass to ffmpeg to get it to find libfaad libraries and headers. I think the required arguments are '--extra-ldflags' but all variations I could think of didn't work.

Anyway this is my first contribution back to the open-source community so it feels good. Smile

Dear Pico1234,

I´ve been trying to play H.264 + AAC-HE files in XBMC without sucess for a long time.

Finally I´ve found your message.

My problem is that I´m not an advanced user !! So please, could you send me a compiled version of your XBMC that can play H.264 + AAC-HE Huh

I´ll realy appreciate !!
Hi rbcarnevale,

I had forgotten I had posted this. I managed to get the fix committed to trunk. See this ticket:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7347

I'm not sure which revision it got fixed in but if you can figure it out then get a build made after that you should be alright. I guess there is the chance that the problem may have regressed since then.

You can find trunk builds on this
thread.

See if you can find a build on here that works. If you have further problems let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LATM-AAC enable for Windows0