[AppleTV] Boot straight to XBMC in OS 2.4?
Hi all,

I've searched for this but only found a couple of posts from last year that indicated it wasn't yet possible so I thought I'd re-ask the question now that some time has passed.

Is there anyway to boot directly into XBMC on AppleTV 2.4? I've experimented with disabling Watchdog / Ripstop etc with then intention of then replacing Finder.app with XBMC.app, but I don't seem to be able to prevent the 5-minute reboot cycle when the Watchdog kext is unloaded, let alone get to replacing Finder.app!

Thanks,
Chris
fluffylob Wrote:Hi all,

I've searched for this but only found a couple of posts from last year that indicated it wasn't yet possible so I thought I'd re-ask the question now that some time has passed.

Is there anyway to boot directly into XBMC on AppleTV 2.4? I've experimented with disabling Watchdog / Ripstop etc with then intention of then replacing Finder.app with XBMC.app, but I don't seem to be able to prevent the 5-minute reboot cycle when the Watchdog kext is unloaded, let alone get to replacing Finder.app!

Thanks,
Chris

search for multifinder.
Aha! Got it Smile

Many thanks davilla!
Well after many hours of searching these threads as well as google, i have been unable to find a way to boot my apple TV straight to XBMC. I searched for "multifinder" and the only information i could find about it is that it's already included in the launcher program... (doesn't seem to be booting me into XBMC still though)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Boot straight to XBMC in OS 2.4?0