Download Failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Hi, I have a MacPro with OSX 10.6.2 and I downloaded the AppleTV ATV USB Creator and I keep getting the following message when I hit "Create Using ->": Download Failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found.

I tried:

- redownloading the ATV Creator
- Removing all content from the USB (2 GB)
- Verifying the USB with Disk Utility
- formatting the USB under the Mac OS
- rebooting my PC
- Re-re-reading the instructions
- Search the Forums

and I still keep getting this error message.

I didn't have this problem making the patchstick with a Windows PC, but now the newer version of AppleTV knocked out my XBMC and I am trying to restore it.

Has anyone had this problem?

Any sign of the Windows version?

Thanks for your help.

-F

Can anyon
I suggest looking here http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/
Davilla,

Below is what the ATV USB creator indicates:

Downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg...
Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
You can try again to resume your download

I read the documentation over and over. I checked the download folder. I deleted everything. I redownloaded the ATV USB Creator. The only thing I can think of is your item:

8) If you are having problems under 10.5 getting the download to extract in Safari, turn off auto expand in safari, then re-download and expand using the Finder.

I searched throughout Safari screens and I don't see an "auto expand" radio button. Can you give more detail on how to do this?

This is my system.

MAC OSX 10.6.2
SaFARI VS 4.0.4

I can't be the only one experiencing this. What am I missing? I miss my XBMC.
Thanks
fterence Wrote:Davilla,

Below is what the ATV USB creator indicates:

Downloading 2Z694-5573-24.dmg...
Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
You can try again to resume your download

I read the documentation over and over. I checked the download folder. I deleted everything. I redownloaded the ATV USB Creator. The only thing I can think of is your item:

8) If you are having problems under 10.5 getting the download to extract in Safari, turn off auto expand in safari, then re-download and expand using the Finder.

I searched throughout Safari screens and I don't see an "auto expand" radio button. Can you give more detail on how to do this?

This is my system.

MAC OSX 10.6.2
SaFARI VS 4.0.4

I can't be the only one experiencing this. What am I missing? I miss my XBMC.
Thanks

"Download failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found" means the network location referenced by the URL does not exist.

You need to manually download the lastest AppleTV dmg then point atv-usb-creator to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Download Failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found0