Xubuntu & ASRock ION 330
I just wanted to know if there are any compatability issues using Xubuntu 64bit 9.04 (jaunty) with the ASRock ION 330 or any other ION based HTPC.

I want to use it as Its faster that ubuntu and I want to dual boot the pc with windows 7. Therefore Im not going to use the minimal ubuntu XBMCbuntu because it will wipe my system and im too stupid to use expert mode to configuire the partions and everything else correctly

Any comments, knowhow or experience will be helpfull. Thanks

-
The devs usually suggest using the 32-bit version, but I've been using the 64-bit xubuntu for a long time without any 64-bit specific issues.
thanks for the reply.

just finished installing xubuntu 64bit in dual boot mode with win 7.

Did you get xubuntu to auto login@? because I have to type my pw and usrname each time
It's a gdm setting. Check:

sudo nano /etc/gdm/custom.conf
cheers but that didnt have any info in the conf file.

i used this and it worked:

How to auto-login into your Desktop environment:

sudo gdmsetup

Select the Security Tab,
Flag the “Enable Automatic Login”,
Select your name from the drop down menu,
Select Close.
hey jumjum i dont think that Xubuntu's file manager has networking capabilities like ubuntu.

How did you get browser access to SMB shares like a NAS. I can access the smb share in xbmc put i cant access it in xubuntus gui browser
Sorry, I've never used that function. I mount my shares with /etc/fstab.
Ive mounted a ntfs hardrive but i cant get write permissions to it. doesnt seem to work for me.

My Nas wont work in the browser gui so i guess ill go back to ubuntu 9.04 jaunty 64bit.'

I have to say the HD content 1080 & 720 played pretty much perfect in Xubuntu but I need proper access to the NAS smb and NTFS hardrive share, im a noob so i cant do that although im sure its pretty easy once i get my head round it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xubuntu & ASRock ION 3300