Possible to display front & back cover
Hello.

I'm considering installing XBMC on my computer, with AEON skin, only to manage my movie collection.

But i would like to know if it's possible to display both front & back cover, as well as to sort movies by actors, by dates...

Thanks, and regards
llv007 Wrote:Hello.

I'm considering installing XBMC on my computer, with AEON skin, only to manage my movie collection.

But i would like to know if it's possible to display both front & back cover, as well as to sort movies by actors, by dates...

Thanks, and regards

Usually, only front covers are displayed. There's no 'easy' way to display a back cover but...
The 'covers' are just images... there is nothing to stop you replacing images with front and back images (in the same image file). The problem with this is... the aspect ratio for images used by most skins is aimed at representing the front cover only.
If you have skin coding skills, then yes, it's possible to do... but for the most users the answer is NO.

Regarding the sorting... yes, this is possible
AnalogKid Wrote:Usually, only front covers are displayed. There's no 'easy' way to display a back cover but...
The 'covers' are just images... there is nothing to stop you replacing images with front and back images (in the same image file). The problem with this is... the aspect ratio for images used by most skins is aimed at representing the front cover only.
If you have skin coding skills, then yes, it's possible to do... but for the most users the answer is NO.

Regarding the sorting... yes, this is possible

I personally think that images of the back cover aren't really necessary anyway. Most of the time you just have a blurb, credits and audio / visual info (5.1 dts, dolby, aspect, res etc). All of this information is displayable by XBMC, and is correctly formatted for you TV screen via the skin.
redtapemedia Wrote:I personally think that images of the back cover aren't really necessary anyway. Most of the time you just have a blurb, credits and audio / visual info (5.1 dts, dolby, aspect, res etc). All of this information is displayable by XBMC, and is correctly formatted for you TV screen via the skin.

I have to agree entirely, but there's no accounting for taste.. there's some strange setups out there! and even stranger folks ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to display front & back cover0