Scaper hanging after 2 or 3 movies??
Hi. I just installed XBMC on my quad core Q8200. Vista x64.

Set up my sources from my video folders on my windows home server. Set the content as movies and to use folder names to search. Click ok and XBMC begins loading movie information. Problem is, it gets through 2 or 3 movies and then hangs. I've tried is several times and same result. Went to check the movie it was hanging on and I can play it fine when browsing to the movie through the video section.

Any ideas why this is happening? I tried it yesterday and again today. Could it have something to do with the problems TMDB is having?

Kevin
It most likely is a problem with TMDB being down. Try changing your scraper to IMDB and scan for new content.
Also, a good way to test is to see if your TV Show scraper pulls fine. TVDB is still active even though their movie site was down. If it pulls fine than its just a TMDB issue, if not you may want to update your .xml files with more current ones.
Check if you have any unrared movies in your movie folders. XBMC crash if you have two identical movies in the same folder. (One rar-archive and one unpacked)
_HTPC_: Zalman HD XT 160 Plus incl. 7" LCD / Intel E8400 / Intel X-25 SSD / Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H / 4 GB Corsair DDR 800 mhz / 6TB HDD / ASUS XONAR DS / Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p / Logitec DiNovo Mini/ _LAPTOP_: Sony Vaio TZ31 / MTron 1.8" SSD / _TV_: Samsung 52" FullHD LCD / _RECIEVER_AND_SURROUND_: Harman Kardon 245 5.1 / _ROUTER_: DLink DIR-655 / _INTERNET_AND_ISP__ Telia 100/100mbit / _DOG_ Miniature Schnauzer
I think I figured it out. I'm also using mymovies in VMC, which places xml files in the movie folders. It appears that this locks up the XBMC scraper. Tried going through the some of the folders and deleting the xml files (what fun when you've got over 500 movies). And the scraper now works through the last folder that I deleted the xml's for (I did the A's and B's).

Does anyone else use both mymovies and xbmc and know of a workaround??

Kevin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scaper hanging after 2 or 3 movies??0