Container.Folderpath in DialogVideoInfo
i've been using Container.Folderpath in DialogVideoInfo to check whether we're at TV Show
level or Season level, but recently this string always returns empty.

looks like it got lost somewhere between svn 23688 and 23712.

it also affects DialogAlbumInfo and DialogSongInfo.

can we get it back? pretty please ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
There is no "season information". Info on a season will take you to the tvshow information screen only.

I suspect your container.folderpath was previously falling through to the window underneath the dialog, and thus reading the wrong container?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:There is no "season information". Info on a season will take you to the tvshow information screen only.
yup, i'm well aware of that.
i'm only using StringCompare(Container.FolderPath,videodb://2/2/) to decide whether to display a banner style thumb (for tv shows) or a poster style thumb (for seasons).

jmarshall Wrote:I suspect your container.folderpath was previously falling through to the window underneath the dialog, and thus reading the wrong container?
that's most likely the case.
if this was never intended to work then i guess i'm outta luck.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Perhaps you could use some trickery to accomplish this - eg by having a hidden label somewhere in the base window, and attempting to read the label off that window from the video info dialog?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'm all for using trickery, but i may need some help.

i added a label control to MyVideoNav.xml:
Code:
<control type="label" id="5001">
    <posx>-10</posx>
    <posy>-10</posy>
    <width>1</width>
    <height>1</height>
    <label>TVShows</label>
    <visible>Container.Content(TVShows)</visible>
</control>

brought up the DialogVideoInfo on a TV Show and tried to read the label using Control.GetLabel(5001), but it didn't work (it always return empty no matter what i try).

next i tried if it was possible to check the visibility of the label control from within the Info Dialog, but this was also a no go.

are there any other tricks in the book?
guess at least something was broken after all?
anyway, svn 24065 fixes my issue. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container.Folderpath in DialogVideoInfo0