Games and Emulations
Hi there. Im just trying to see if somebody has written a small walkthrough on the game addition section of aeon. I can see you can directly target an exe file but if your trying to setup an emulator lets say with epsxe or something like that. Is there a 'proper way' of doing so? I think the only thing I would see as being an issue is loading the iso or cds

any help would be great!
This is not Aeon specific. You are talking about the launcher plugin. You'll find the most info about it in that thread.

If the emulator supports loading games directly, then you'll be able to just select the game (e.g. "Final Fantasy VII") directly from the menu within XBMC and it'll launch the game for you in your emulator.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
rausch101 Wrote:This is not Aeon specific. You are talking about the launcher plugin. You'll find the most info about it in that thread.

If the emulator supports loading games directly, then you'll be able to just select the game (e.g. "Final Fantasy VII") directly from the menu within XBMC and it'll launch the game for you in your emulator.

FYI: The Launcher plugin is not longer being developed or supported. Some versions might work, but they have many bugs, especially for emulators (such as the "Sort by Date" problem).

Hopefully we'll get native support soon.
arosequi Wrote:Hopefully we'll get native support soon.

Hopefully, but it might be a while: Games Library
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
I've been using mythgame in the mean time.
It's by no means a beautiful or perfect solution, but it does the trick.
Oh my bad if a moderator wanted to move this to the right place that would be great. I hadnt been able to see these options before in other skins so I just had assumed along the way in the updates somebody added something.

So theres a way lets say to add .iso files directly into a submenu lets say called 'playstation' and xbmc can just tell the emulator what file to load? I just started reading the games library link so maybe ill be able to find the answer in there. It would be sweet if its able to perform like that though.
rand0m_hero Wrote:Oh my bad if a moderator wanted to move this to the right place that would be great. I hadnt been able to see these options before in other skins so I just had assumed along the way in the updates somebody added something.

So theres a way lets say to add .iso files directly into a submenu lets say called 'playstation' and xbmc can just tell the emulator what file to load? I just started reading the games library link so maybe ill be able to find the answer in there. It would be sweet if its able to perform like that though.

That's exactly what it does. You'll want to read the first post of the Launcher plugin thread (linked above). The games library is still in developmental stages.

Note that the launcher does still have some bugs in it, but for me it works great.
wow thats wicked. Think you just made my day. cant wait to leave the work world and sit down and play on this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games and Emulations0