[ATV] Video and Audio not sync
davilla Wrote:plays fine with normal CPU usage in r23867 with analog audio. testing with digital out will have to wait until I get home.

can I just set my AV to analog or will I have to unplug optical cable and plug in the analogs to have the same results? I just want to see if it changes on my side.
Amet Wrote:can I just set my AV to analog or will I have to unplug optical cable and plug in the analogs to have the same results? I just want to see if it changes on my side.

yes, you can just change the setting to analog, you will not get any sound out without attaching the cables but this should be enough to test if it's an analog/digital setting difference.
davilla Wrote:yes, you can just change the setting to analog, you will not get any sound out without attaching the cables but this should be enough to test if it's an analog/digital setting difference.

the test will have to wait, the wife is watching something Smile

looking back at my debug log the audio was set to analog, but the optical cable was plugged in and I was getting the sound out of it. is that normal? would it use digital out if it detects that it is plugged in?

Thanks
Zeljko
Amet Wrote:the test will have to wait, the wife is watching something Smile

looking back at my debug log the audio was set to analog, but the optical cable was plugged in and I was getting the sound out of it. is that normal? would it use digital out if it detects that it is plugged in?

Thanks
Zeljko

That's odd, and further down in the log it also tried to open passthrough and fails.
davilla Wrote:That's odd, and further down in the log it also tried to open passthrough and fails.

I have updated to the latest(23842) and I am experiencing similar problems on OSX

this is 23842, log

and this is 23544, log

Hello Davilla,

do you need one more sample avi-file of me?

Or have you reproduce the issue?

Greets guibaa
Amet Wrote:I have updated to the latest(23842) and I am experiencing similar problems on OSX

on your OSX box, type 'o' to bring up the codec info, watch aq and vq. I bet a dollar aq is dropping to zero. Also on your OSX box, is this analog out ?
davilla Wrote:on your OSX box, type 'o' to bring up the codec info, watch aq and vq. I bet a dollar aq is dropping to zero. Also on your OSX box, is this analog out ?

here it is,

23842 Digital out

23842 Analog out

humm, on both, vcpu is very high, much higher than what it should be.
davilla Wrote:humm, on both, vcpu is very high, much higher than what it should be.

should I do one on 23544?
Amet Wrote:should I do one on 23544?

nah, that won't help. I wondering why I don't see it. Clearly you see it the problem with both analog/digital output selected.

what is your render setting, auto ?
davilla Wrote:nah, that won't help. I wondering why I don't see it. Clearly you see it the problem with both analog/digital output selected.

what is your render setting, auto ?

it was on ARB, but its the same on GLSL

Edit:
MacBook Pro C2D, 2.2Ghz, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, 4GB ram, Snow 10.6.1
Amet Wrote:it was on ARB, but its the same on GLSL

Edit:
MacBook Pro C2D, 2.2Ghz, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT, 4GB ram, Snow 10.6.1

Ahah, Snow 10.6.1. I'm running 10.5 on a MacBook C2D, 2.4GHz, NVIDIA 9400. I'll retest tonight on a different MacBook running 10.6.

EDIT: Wait a sec, you also have similar problem on the AppleTV.
davilla Wrote:Ahah, Snow 10.6.1. I'm running 10.5 on a MacBook C2D, 2.4GHz, NVIDIA 9400. I'll retest tonight on a different MacBook running 10.6.

EDIT: Wait a sec, you also have similar problem on the AppleTV.

well on ATV its even worse, as its only got 1ghz chip Smile. The CPU is almost always pegged at 95-97% 16-18 FPS. with the same file I sent you.

EDIT: just tested ATV with 23842(Log), still droping frames and CPU on 95-97%. Not sure how to take the screen cap on ATV Sad. I have unplugged the optical cable and it makes no difference.
Amet Wrote:EDIT: just tested ATV with 23842(Log), still droping frames and CPU on 95-97%.

That is the same on my ATV and I think that is the reason why audio and video not sync.:confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Video and Audio not sync1