Xbmc svn digital audio anomale
optical out to my denon amp, I have the exact same setup in another room with babylon running and the sound is fine.
smush420 Wrote:optical out to my denon amp, I have the exact same setup in another room with babylon running and the sound is fine.

And your XBMC setup, analog or digital selected?, ac3 and/or dts selected?, downsample selected?
XBMC setup is set to digital, both dts and dolby are on. I can't find where the downsample option is. If you mean downmix multichannel audio to stereo, then it is unchecked.
I still have the bug in SVN24211.

Digital out, DTS & AC3 enabled, downmix disabled, sync playback to display disabled.

First play of a DTS or AC3 file is fine. Subsequent plays of the same or any other file play at 2x speed till pause/play combo or step controls used.

What made you think it was fixed? I've not seen anything in the trac timeline that suggests it was...
Same build im using Weavus, have you tried with the alpha release? And exact same issue, the first file plays fine and all subsequent files need to be "adjusted" by pressing play/pause or skip.
Same issue still happens in Alpha 1 as well.
Is everyone with the 2X video problem on 10.6 ?
I am. I may be able to test 10.5 (still have a HD somewhere with 10.5 installed) at the weekend.
Yep, 10.6 for me too.
I'm also on 10.6, however like I mentioned earlier, in another room in my house I have 9.01 running with 10.6, with the same audio settings (digital, dts, etc.) and the playback is perfect.
The fact that 9.01 plays is immaterial, it's not using coreaudio and does audio very differently than current XBMC for Mac. And before anyone asks, no, that code will not be reverted as we are way to far along with coreaudio.

Now the good news, reproduced under 10.6 with svn trunk. Massive frame dropping, fps is running free. Pause/Un-Pause fixes the mess.

EDIT: Very strange bug. Sometime xbmc will startup and all is fine. Other times, 1st play is fine, subsequent plays will always play with fast video and the pause trick fixes that play.
Sorry for mentioning 9.01, I wasn't aware that audio was done differently under the current XMBC. Good news that you were able to reproduce the problem though.
Thanks for the update davilla, it's definitely a weird bug, hopefully it can be fixed soon.
Hopefully fixed in r24498.
Where can I download it to try?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc svn digital audio anomale0