Movie Library Search onclick question
Hi all,

When using the Movie Library menu there are options such as View, Sort By, Filter and many others including Search.

When you select search, a window pops up in the middle of the screen with the ability to enter a search term.

I have looked and I have looked but I cannot find the command to activate the window in the skin anywhere... I found:
Code:
Skin.ToggleSetting(nomenumoviesearch)
which turns 'Search' on and off, but just can't find what it calls when you click it.

Can somebody help?

Many thanks,

Pete
It's handled internally by XBMC.

If you want to do it from a keymap button, investigate SendClick in the online manual.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The command runs from the web interface, but this:
Code:
<two>ExecBuiltIn(SendClick(VideoLibrary,8))</two>
Doesn't work.... ideas?

Thanks,

Pete
how on earth did you get the idea you need a ExecBuiltIn in keymap.xml?

<two>SendClick(VideoLibrary,8)</two>
Thanks Spiff!
can someone please can tell me where in the online manual can i find more about the sendclick command?

thanks
wish i could - the wiki lacks the info. the nack of it

SendClick([windowname,]controlid)

i.e. the first parameter can optionally be a window name like
SendClick(VideoLibrary,8) would be the equivalent of the one given further up except we would specifically send it to the videolibrary window (wouldn't work very well when the window isnt active so just take the example for what it is Smile).

the controlID's you can find from either the skin xml files (bit of a pita) or the top of the source file in question. and possibly somewhere in the wiki, although i doubt any such list would be very up to date.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library Search onclick question0