Remote Codes
So I have th SIIG Vista MCE Remote and I have been trying to edit the remote codes to make xbmc use the remote more readily. Problem is, I cant find anything on how to get the code page from the remote nor how to program xbmc to use those codes. I've found a few xml files which I think will point me in the right direction but my question is this.

How did the developers get the codes the remote sends for the xml files? Is there an application in which could monitor a ir port and report what code it recieves when you push a button?
Look at the xbmc logs when you press a key .. Also I believe their is advancedsetting displayremotecodes ...
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Quote:Also I believe their is advancedsetting displayremotecodes ...

I was reading the wiki, and it says thats only available for XBOX, unless that part of the wiki is old..
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Sorry I did not respond sooner but RL got in the way. Anyways I've found that the remote in question is pretty much working as if it was a emulated keyboard and doing the remote commands and translating them to what ever MCE nativly uses.

Im not sure how to make a MCE remote work right, but it would be nice if there was a gui to link all the buttons from within xbmc.

Is there a program out there that will translate what the remote is doing into what ever command its sending the pc? For example, if i press '1' on the remote, the computer reads it as if i pressed the keypad '1'.
Girder, and intelliremote are two such programs that I can think of
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
I tried those programs but it didnt work out for me. The remote sends alternating codes (from what i saw they were like 8 characters long).

If anyone has a tutorial on 'how to make mce remote work with xbmc' and wouldnt mind giving me the link...

Otherwise i'll have to find a remote that works.
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60794. There's also a version of the Camelot Alpha1 with MCE support.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Codes0