Feature Req: Different keypad layout
If this is already possible, then I apologise now Smile

When editing a movie title an a-z keyboard appears, It'd be good if there was a setting to toggle this between a full keypad and a phone style keypad.

My reasoning for this is that I have a basic remote without A-Z which makes it currently impossible to edit text without plugging in a keyboard to my HTPC.

Any thoughts?
You should be able to setup your remote so that you use the arrow buttons to move between the keys. At least, this is what I do on mine.
Sranshaft Wrote:You should be able to setup your remote so that you use the arrow buttons to move between the keys. At least, this is what I do on mine.

This.
Also, the numbers on your remote should already work sms/'phone style'.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Pressing left / right on my remote moved forward and back in the text field. Up/Down doesn't move between fields.

Up,Down, Left and Right work to navigate around all other menus (such as the edit source menu).

Using the numpad on my remote just enters the numbers. Pressing them 2/3 times quickly just enteres multiple occurances of that number.
I realize this thread is two months old, but I'm having the same problem as DaveHope. My remote (it came with my Moncaso 312 case) uses a driver which simulates keyboard events, it's not possible to configure it to 'phone style' and the arrow keys don't work.

Could anybody please explain how to get the arrow keys working on the onscreen keyboard?
PlayerOne Wrote:I realize this thread is two months old, but I'm having the same problem as DaveHope. My remote (it came with my Moncaso 312 case) uses a driver which simulates keyboard events, it's not possible to configure it to 'phone style' and the arrow keys don't work.

Could anybody please explain how to get the arrow keys working on the onscreen keyboard?

Why don't you try editing your keymap.xml

Go to the virtualkeyboard section and map the 'up' 'down' 'left' 'right' events to whatever buttons that do work on your remote.
I'm sorry, I didn't explain my problem very well. But don't worry about it, it has nothing to do with Rapier, it happens in PM3 too and I found the solution.

The remote emulates keyboard presses, to make it work on the onscreen-keyboard you have to go to "Settings" => "Appearance" => "Look & Feel" and check "Remote control sends keyboard presses"

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23592

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Req: Different keypad layout0