script to handle alternate video, image for x seconds
I am using the multiimage control for a slide show on a window with some other stuff (the weather, rss scrolling feed). It basically looks like the home screen PM3 without the header and menu options.

I am now trying to duplicate this same behaviour but have a playlist with mixed content (avi, flv and image files). The playlist will be coming from a webservice under my control so I can deal with whatever I need there. The videos would not be shown full screen - they'd stay in the smaller viewport, similar to the one that continues to play after exiting out of full screen view.

I'm thinking about looping through the playlist, and add the appropriate control, then fill it with the correct image or video. I haven't quite made it to the video part, but toying around with the idea today. I thought I'd ask here just in case I'm going down the complete wrong path.

The other part that I was thinking is probably possible is to link a skin file to a xbmcgui.Window class. Right now I am almost rebuilding the images with multiple
self.addControl(xbmcgui.ControlImage ...
type calls to mimic what I had already done in an xml file. I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental there, but haven't read or come across how to do that in reading through a few of the downloadable scripts - they all seem to start off with a blank canvas.
to my own second question, a good thorough look at the youtube script highlights all sorts of good stuff.
Code:
class YouTubeGUI(xbmcgui.WindowXML):

then in the main program call
Code:
w = YouTubeGUI("youtube.xml", base_path, "DefaultSkin")

w.doModal()
where youtube.xml is in under the resources/DefaultSkin/PAL

Documentation at
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=WindowXML

sorry if this is turning into a review of my own learning process - I don't like it when I see someone else ask a newbie type question, then it never gets answered by the op when they figure out the answer to their own question.
Thanks - a good reference for others Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script to handle alternate video, image for x seconds0