How to animate a single element in a panel?
Hi
As shown in the video, I use a panel container for the homemenu, because it is possible to use the conditions Container.Position and stringcompare(container(300).Numitems,xx) for the slide animations.
There is now an option to hide some icons, I would like to animate. But how can I animate a specific element in a static content?
I now wanted to use a grouplist, but there is probably none of the conditions available.

Second, I would like to animate an icon when I enabled it, is that possible?

eumel
What animation would you want? I don't see how any anim that's currently possible would suffice here, as at some point it ceases to exist, so there will always be a jarring as the one item vanishes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:What animation would you want? I don't see how any anim that's currently possible would suffice here, as at some point it ceases to exist, so there will always be a jarring as the one item vanishes.
I believe what I want is probably not currently possible. Am I correct that all the info starting with container, apply only to List, Wraplist, Fixedlist and Panel and not for group or grouplist?

Each item has a visible tag in the panel, as in the example, which I can hide with a button in an Options menu.
I would like to animate the Collapse. Without an animation, it disappears immediately.
I've tried to simulate as a coverflow, but then the slide animations from left to right no longer work because I do not have the container infos available.
PHP Code:
<item id="2">
                    <
description>Tv Shows</description>
                    <
label>Tv Shows</label>
                    <
icon>Home/Icon_TvShows.png</icon>
                    <
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</onclick>
                    <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(MainMenu_HideTvShows)</visible>
                </
item
I need either Container.NumItems and Container.Position for grouplist or it must be possible to animate in a static panel individual elements.

PHP Code:
<item id="2">
                    <
description>Tv Shows</description>
                    <
label>Tv Shows</label>
                    <
icon>Home/Icon_TvShows.png</icon>
                    <
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</onclick>
                    <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(MainMenu_HideTvShows)</visible>
<
animation type="fade" time="200">VisibleChange<animation>
                </
item
You can't "collapse" as the list has no concept of differing sized items. Nor does the grouplist so I'm not sure how that will help?

If all you want is to fade it out then we may be able to come up with something, not sure.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I might be totally wrong on this, but you maybe able to do some trickery to achive your desired effect, similar to the coverflow like technique.

What im thinking may work if i understand what you want is create some controls (no gfx or text off screen) each representing what you want to hide and show and have those hide and show relevant to your skin setting.

Then get the desired actual menu options to trigger off the visible change of those fake controls.

Again not sure if it will work but might Big Grin
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to animate a single element in a panel?0