Ronie I Need Your Help!
Ronie, I love the transparency skin. I have been trying for 3 days to edit the home.xml to add buttons to the home menu. I need a button for audiobooks, a button for comics and a button for Emulators. I want to remove favorites. I have been looking at all these posts but I cant seem to be able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Also I am using the xbox version.

Also I tried just using an exsisting button but the home.xml file has nothing but "-" between the labels, it doesnt have the names of the buttons in the labels... if that makes sense?

Thanks for the help
Fatfonzi
Comics and Emulators are already available in Transparency!, so you don't have to add those. also, you'll have to edit Includes_Home.xml, not Home.xml

check this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=411326&postcount=7 for a detailed tutorial on how to add menu buttons.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:Comics and Emulators are already available in Transparency

Thanks for the quick reply Ronie! How do I get them to show up if they are already there. my home screen only shows-vidoes-music-pictures-programs-weather-scripts-favourites-and settings.

Tahnks again
fatfonzi
Settings > Skin Settings > Home > Disabled menu items

uncheck whatever button you'd like to have on the home menu.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am using xbox version...doesnt have settings>skin settings>home>disabled menu items.

unless i am a complete idiot...that very well could be the case.

That would be perfect. How do I get to that point with the xbox?

thanks for all your help Ronie!
fatfonzi
on settings homepage, highlight video, then just go left, and the "hidden" skin settings menu appear
omg! How did i not know that? Thanks for all the help now and over the years. Very talented bunch!

Fatfonzi
fatfonzi Wrote:Ronie, I love the transparency skin. I have been trying for 3 days to edit the home.xml to add buttons to the home menu. I need a button for audiobooks, a button for comics and a button for Emulators.

Just a quick question on audiobooks. My audiobooks are tagged as such, but XBMC still includes them under "music" and also includes them in the "shuffle/party" modes. Any idea how this can be changed?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Just a quick question on audiobooks. My audiobooks are tagged as such, but XBMC still includes them under "music" and also includes them in the "shuffle/party" modes. Any idea how this can be changed?

not really...xbmc doesn't have a separate library entry for audiobooks, so there's little you can do as far as i know.

i guess if you don't scan your audiobooks to the library, they won't be included in party mode?
but than your audiobooks will only be accessible in filemode of course.
ronie Wrote:not really...xbmc doesn't have a separate library entry for audiobooks, so there's little you can do as far as i know.

i guess if you don't scan your audiobooks to the library, they won't be included in party mode?
but than your audiobooks will only be accessible in filemode of course.

Mmh, I wouldnt mind that, but all my albums (audio and audiobook) are organized/managed by Itunes. As I am scanning the whole ITunes Folder, it also includes the audio books. This is really unfortunate as the "party mode" is basically unusable for me...

Anyhow, thanks for your great work!!! It took me a second to "prepare" for Transparency, but now it is clearly my favorite skin!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ronie I Need Your Help!0